You are not logged in.

#1 11-05-06 17:08:51

Karl
Verified Member

please help!

I started om my pink on the 1st may and have just registered myself as self employed, I'm part time doing around 15 hours a week( thats what I'm meant to be doing but i have only 3 at the mo), I have a meeting with an IR team soon and was wandering if anyone could tell me what to expect from them, also what sort of things do i need to ask that might help make being self employed an easier life as this is all new to me

Cheers for any help

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

11-05-06 17:08:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: please help!

#2 11-05-06 18:28:10

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Hi Karl

The inland rev are very helpful.  Ask them exactly what things you can claim for.  even down to dry cleaning, household bills etc.  Ask what proof you need also. You cant claim for any training you had for the job.  But can for any additional after qualifiying (check test etc in the future).  You can sell certain items to yourself that would help you with the job.  Car,books,stationary,pc etc.  Im going in a few weeks as i just got my self assessment form through.

Leanne

#3 11-05-06 19:00:41

evan

Agree with Leanne Karl, the IR are quite helpful, they give a lot of useful information and it doesn't cost anything. Try not to worry too much about what to ask them, you will find they will give a lot of tips that you haven't even thought about. They only get a bad reputation from the guys trying to rip the system off, you and I and the rest of us are not in that league, so don't worry. Ev

#4 11-05-06 20:48:14

Karl
Verified Member

Cheers guys that has really helped, You pair should be knighted for the stuff you say on this site Ha

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

Board footer