You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-05-06 20:25:54

sammie06

UNDERTAKING????

it goes like this..

on my way home from my mums, on the ring road where 2 lanes become 1 i just managed to stop someone undertaking me then we get to a set of lights where it becomes 2 lanes again, i pull up right next to him on the left and to my horror he he driving his car with a can of beer in his hand and a few empties on his dash, the lights turn green and he doesnt move so i went, IS THIS STILL CLASSED AS UNDERTAKING EVEN THOUGH HE WASNT MOVING??? it then becomes one lane again and hes right behind me shaking his fists and swearing.
Abit further up the road we come to a set of lights where it becomes 3 lanes and i needed the middle lane so thats where i went and this bloke pulls up beside me and starts shouting at me through my open window that i should go back to learning again as that was undertaking!! i didnt reply i just kept my eyes on the lights,

Can someone please tell me if i was wrong by 'undertaking' a stationary car!!

Sammie

age.png

09-05-06 20:25:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: UNDERTAKING????

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 09-05-06 20:39:36

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi sammie

Can someone please tell me if i was wrong by 'undertaking' a stationary car!!

As you described it, both stationary at the lights.
NO
Not unless the lane you were in was marked for a different direction than the one you took. big_smile

You have to make allowances though for p**s artists.
Don't Drink and Drive. You might spill some. :rolf:

#3 09-05-06 20:45:13

sammie06

Thanks for that, both lanes were marked for straight ahead.

I just couldn't believe my eyes yikes when i saw him take a sip of his drink and turns out to be carling, How blatant can you get!!!

age.png

#4 10-05-06 06:26:41

ExAdiNigel

Rest assured Sammie you were not undertaking.  Once you were aware of his state, though, I believe you should have turned off and taken a detour.  One thing you do NOT want is a drunk behind you.  If he failed to react promptly to some traffic lights, is he going to react promptly to your brake lights?  I very much doubt it.  Be very aware of what people behind you are doing (phone, signs of not concentrating) and, if you don't like what they are doing, work out how to get rid of them (move over, go all the way round a roundabout and come back round behind them).

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 10-05-06 20:20:41

sammie06

Good advice there nigel, i will probably do the roundabout thing when i come across a situation like that again, as there is a hell of alot of roundabouts on my route home (good job roundabouts dont bother me ;D )

age.png

Board footer