You are not logged in.

#1 20-10-04 13:06:49

Natalie

Blueprints

Are these worth the money??  Do you think they are helpful??

Have seen 20 Blueprints for £180ish and was thinking about it.  I have The Driving Instructors Handbook, Driving the Essential Skills and have just ordered Core Competencies Made Easy.  Are these all I need really?

Thanks Nats

20-10-04 13:06:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Blueprints

#2 20-10-04 20:06:26

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Nats

If they are the ones on eBay then be aware that a couple of people are selling copious amounts of illegal copies which I would not touch with a barge pole :evil: .

As far as the originals go I found them very helpful big_smile and although expensive, worth every penny (you can always recover most of your investment on eBay when you are finished with them, though I still use mine).

Highly recommended.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#3 21-10-04 07:58:33

Natalie

They were from the instructor training website so I know they would be originals.

Thanks for the advice.

Natalie

#4 21-10-04 16:04:15

bajr

Brian Stratton's stuff is really good, I've got the blueprints on CD to play in the car between lessons!!
Also JM Wells ADI Part 3 Complete compilation from Theory First is good reading for a different perspective.

I've got to say that the official books I (and everyone it would seem) was given are dull as ditchwater but I'm sure are just as good (who am I to judge)

I'm thinking of getting a training wheel now as I've had a few pupils who really have problems getting to grips with the pull-push concept and would benefit from the actual use of a 'fake' wheel I'm sure.

Bruce

#5 22-10-04 08:04:03

Natalie

Thanks for all the info guys.  I actually spoke to Brian yesterday we were discussing the Blueprints.  He is taking out legal action against the people who are selling copies of these on Ebay.

Think I will be investing in them soon.

Nats

#6 22-10-04 16:12:00

Sheffield Newby

what are these blueprints?!?!?!??

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 23-10-04 19:29:58

Marcus

Natalie wrote:

Thanks for all the info guys.  I actually spoke to Brian yesterday we were discussing the Blueprints.  He is taking out legal action against the people who are selling copies of these on Ebay.

Think I will be investing in them soon.

Nats

I bought a set off an ADI via EBAY recently and they are copies so that is a second hand sale of copies... I spoke with Brian a week or so ago and he confirmed mine were copies. I felt absolutely awful because I had no idea at that point what an original looked like and trusted the ADI. I had already ordered his Core Competencies made Easy book and after that phone call ordered the full set of CD Blueprints for £239. I feel much better now!!  big_smile

Marcus

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 23-10-04 19:30:59

Marcus

Sheffield Newby wrote:

what are these blueprints?!?!?!??

Go to www.instructor-training.co.uk and have a look around. Brian Stratton is just tops.....

#9 24-10-04 11:15:59

Helvary

I also bought a set of Blueprints off a recently qualified ADI. I trusted that I was buying the originals but my suspicions were aroused when I realised he had also given me a photocopy of the accompanying visual aids.
I'm going to have them checked out and if they prove to be copies I'll report the individual to the Police and then advise DSA of his activities - in my view this does not render him a 'fit and proper' person.

Helen

#10 25-10-04 09:15:53

Natalie

So just to confirm when you buy the set of Blueprints off Instructor training website from Brian do you get the CD's as well as the paperwork then.  That is the only thing I can't work out on the website.

Nats

#11 25-10-04 10:40:14

Marcus

Natalie wrote:

So just to confirm when you buy the set of Blueprints off Instructor training website from Brian do you get the CD's as well as the paperwork then.  That is the only thing I can't work out on the website.

Nats

Yes you get the ITP diagrams nicely printed out and bound along with 20 shiny CDs!. The diagrams are also on CD 19 I think it is of the 20 set so you can print them out again if you need to.

Rgds
Marcus

#12 25-10-04 20:03:52

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Marcus wrote:
Natalie wrote:

Nats

Yes you get the ITP diagrams nicely printed out and bound along with 20 shiny CDs!. The diagrams are also on CD 19 I think it is of the 20 set so you can print them out again if you need to.

Rgds
Marcus

But you don't get the paper (book) version of the Blueprints themselves, they are available separately.

He is just off the phone to me regarding an order I placed on Saturday for some of his other titles, amazing personal service, this guy is a gentleman. big_smile

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#13 25-10-04 20:42:36

Marcus

beonedge3 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Natalie wrote:

Nats

Rgds
Marcus

But you don't get the paper (book) version of the Blueprints themselves, they are available separately.

He is just off the phone to me regarding an order I placed on Saturday for some of his other titles, amazing personal service, this guy is a gentleman. big_smile

I took Nats' reference to "paperwork" to mean the ITP diagrams. I have already covered many many motorway miles listening to Brian's briefings... he is a genius, and, as you say a gentleman. I am ready to help in any way I can to nail the crooks who are ripping him off and many of us in the process....

Marcus

Board footer