You are not logged in.

#26 30-04-06 14:56:59

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Re: Corsa headlights

Have a strange problem with my lights now.  Everytime im braking (brake lights are going on) and also my nearside side light on the front of the car.  This has been like this for about a week.  Since I changed the brake light bulb strangely.

Anyone have any ideas?

Leanne

30-04-06 14:56:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 30-04-06 19:57:30

Karenadi

Yep: you put a bulb that is too high wattage in the brake light. 

#28 01-05-06 10:13:20

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Thats strange its from a bulb kit from halfords.  Specifically for my corsa!  Think i'll need to take both bulbs out and have a look again.

Leanne

#29 01-05-06 11:56:04

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Leanne
Check the earth connection for that light.
If the connection is starting to show any corrosion that will often push the current to find another route to earth.

You sometimes see indicators coming on faintly when the brake pedal is pushed, same problem.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#30 01-05-06 13:53:21

Karenadi

Thats strange its from a bulb kit from halfords.  Specifically for my corsa!  Think i'll need to take both bulbs out and have a look again.

Thing is, if it's a bulb kit, then some of the bulbs look the same but are different watts: think indicators might be higher than brake lights: only know because I did it a couple of weeks back and mechanic had look and told me.

If too much power is going into the circuit, it shorts through to another light apparently.

Pegasus could be right too though, but seems that because it started after you changed the bulb, that it could be the bulb that is the problem.

Board footer