You are not logged in.

#1 27-04-06 17:46:46

tom67
Verified Member

!st Check Test

Hi all, I had my first Check Test today, got a Grade 5 which I am well happy with! SE was brilliant, very professional and gave me some good advice afterwards, I downloaded John Farlams Instructor Guide from Smart Driving and it was well worth the hours of printing and pocketing big_smile
   I used his method for the lesson structure and will be doing so on all my lessons now, for my CT I decided to have a 5 minute warm up drive to work on observation skills on roundabouts and then we went off to learn the right reverse, it went really well and I felt totally comfortable when seeing the 'dreaded' SE behind us lol, gave my pupil a break from neck strain and went back to a few more roundabouts. Got back to TC and de-briefed, then the result and advice, couldn't be simpler big_smile anyone with CT coming up.....my advice is don't panic, plan as normal and enjoy! Remember it is the pupil who is most important in the car!
  By the way...glad its over :notworthy:

27-04-06 17:46:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: !st Check Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-04-06 18:45:32

johnp
Verified Member

Congratulations Tom. Well done.
It is nice to be appreciated and it is becoming even harder for all our hard work to be recognised. You can now develop your work for the next 4 years without interference.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#3 28-04-06 18:56:00

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Excellent result both for chck test and your outlook.

I think it is great that more people are seeing the link to proper lesson planning and good lessons and your experience from your check test will set you in good stead.

Well done keep it up.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#4 28-04-06 19:43:03

tom67
Verified Member

many thanks for your kind words, it is easy to fall in to a trap of going through the motions, after quickly reading through the Instructors Guide I felt a breath of fresh air and I then went into more depth, it is a great read and definitely put me in a positive frame of mind for CT and more importantly...every lesson! Onwards and upwards big_smile

#5 29-04-06 14:28:34

sipin
Verified Member

Well done for passing keep it up

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

Board footer