You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-06 22:41:31

Jewels

Confidence knocked a bit because of stupid bus driver.

Well today I was on my way home & I'm passing a school with cars at both sides. Its a bendy road so its one of those you can't really see if oughts coming. Anyway I'm going slow & when it does become visible theres a bus half way through as well. Well I'm about 8 car lengths in & hes about 1. So he just sits there, puts his elbows on wheel and waits. Well you can guess what I thought but I ended up having to reverse 8 car lengths back through a bendy road with no space at all. I did get close to a couple of cars but I corrected that by going forwards and starting again. It was horrible I swear, I had an audience with parents in cars waiting & that. It did take me a while but it was really difficult, no power steering, no room & it was bendy. And then the cheeky git clapped as he passed me, you can also guess what I did to him but I would of liked to of seen someone else do the same thing without struggling coz I bet they would.

It knocked my confidence abit because when I had to go back out I didn't want to because of what had happened. Well I'm just glad that I didn't bump it.

26-04-06 22:41:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Confidence knocked a bit because of stupid bus driver.

#2 26-04-06 23:33:59

msdarcy721

what an ar$e

i'm afraid (i understand it's hard for buses to manoeuvre easily at that) and really there aint an option but for us to move for them, but could he not have helped with the situation itself?

aside from being an arrogant so and so...  roll

well, at least you got through the situation. safe in one piece. that's quite an accompolishment (with no help from wotziface in bus)

you must be a fine little driver to have handled the above situation as you did.

going out bit by bit is really the only confidence builder thing, i think. although i can really emphathise with you here.

may be could you not have given way, and stopped further back to let the bus emerge, and pass by and then have gone yourself? just a thought neutral

smile xxx

#3 26-04-06 23:42:58

Jewels

I didn't give way coz its one of them bendy roads, you can't see ought till your half way round the bend. I always plan ahead & consider myself as a polite driver, always giving way etc. But I didn't in this case coz as I said you can't see ought till its too late & thats why I was going slow what with cars parked on both sides plus the risk of kids running out as it was school kick out time.
Well I certainly won't be going that way again at peak periods lol.

My first reversing incident, always considered myself lucky that I've not reversed into any walls, bins' posts etc lol lol lol. Gotta make light of it I suppose.

#4 27-04-06 07:06:42

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

Ah ignore the idiot Jewels - what a horrible bloke he was sad

Don't let things knock your confidence too much, which is easier to say than it is to do. You got out without hitting anything so, no worries.

Get back out there  wink OOOOh buses, they aren't in my good books today anyways lol

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#5 27-04-06 07:48:06

sportster

Bus driver sounds a bit of a git.

You managed to reverse out of what sounds like a tricky situation, so really your confidence should be sky high!  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 27-04-06 08:05:10

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Agree with Sportster... well done you for dealing with it!!!!

Think what this has done for you  - 1) you managed to reverse safely, on a twisty road, AND with an audience...!!!  and 2) just popped a seed of thought into your head about which roads to take and to avoid at peak school times. smile

Well done for dealing with it!

#7 27-04-06 08:07:45

evan

Jewels, you dealt with the situation well. In truth you will meet many more drivers like this bus driver. That said look at it this way, because of what he did you have now had the practice of reversing in a difficult situation. Driving confidence is built upon by dealing with more and more challenging situations, so just see it as a lesson learned.

A similar situation will almost certainly arise again in the future, you now know that you can deal with it. Well done. Ev 8)

#8 27-04-06 08:35:22

Jewels

Awww cheers, it sent my confidence well down. I actually thought I bet all them ppl would think why have I passed. After I got out of the situation I felt panicked & annoyed by it all. So found a safe space to park up & had a cig lol lol lol. I needed to calm down lol.

Well you lot have sent my confidence up a bit, thanks smile

#9 27-04-06 11:51:04

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Well done for stopping to calm down a bit. smile

Evan's right i'm afraid, there are some absolute PLANKS out there one the road... (encountered two of them this morning... one was within INCHES of my front bumper...  yikes and you're left thinking... "WHY??????!!!!!".

Give yourself plenty of time/space, don't crawl along, but make sure you've got your safety bubble around your car and pretty soon you'll just smile at them as they go past....

Or something.... wink

#10 27-04-06 12:07:11

Moominhater

Believe me, you will come acorss many idiots on the road in your years  to come - I've been driving for 11 years and I'm sure I meet a different idiot each week.

The most popular idiot is the 'Guess where I'm going' idiot.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#11 27-04-06 20:05:00

ExAdiNigel

Jewels,

Why let this knock your confidence?  You did a good job of reversing by the sound of it - that should BOOST your confidence not knock it!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#12 27-04-06 21:37:37

Jewels

I don't know, think its coz I felt stupid that I had to pull forward and correct myself a couple of times & that there was loads of ppl watching.

#13 27-04-06 22:17:11

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

#hugs#

and don't you just know it feels 10 times worse when you got peoples watching you do ANYTHING!

Still - don't let it knock your confidence. You did it... you stayed safe in what sounds like a very dodgy and challenging area.

Skiff.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 28-04-06 05:08:32

ExAdiNigel

I don't know, think its coz I felt stupid that I had to pull forward and correct myself a couple of times & that there was loads of ppl watching.

OK, I'll rephrase it, 'You did a good job of reversing along a bendy bit of road with 1  sorry, bus driver watching AND with the added pressure of lots of other people watching'

Sounds like a good feat to me! You did well, however you look at it

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer