You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-06 19:49:46

driverpete
Verified Member

Wearing two hats

Like a lot of new ADI's I'm doing work on a franchise basis for a local school while I try to build up my own business. Basically I pay him an amount for every hour I spend teaching pupils he's introduced to me and he doesn't want to know about any pupils I find for myself. It suits me and it's a pretty inexpensive way of getting off the ground.
My question is how do others deal with the question of having two identities? Do you have a separate set of door panels or whatever for when you're teaching your own pupils (i.e. ones you've found for yourself) or do you operate solely under your franchisor's roof sign?

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

26-04-06 19:49:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Wearing two hats

#2 26-04-06 21:49:07

Karenadi

Simple answer is work on your own board with your own pupils and the franchisers board with their pupils.

A school local to us often 'sub contracts' work out to independant ADIs (clearly prior agreement), and in return expects a small part of the lesson price, and their roof board to be displayed.  They easily chuck in the boot, and are off and on quickly enough between lessons.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 28-04-06 09:52:04

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

If your school allows you to run under 2 identities then do so. I know many schools who would be very unhappy with this situation and probably ask you to leave if you were running your own school beside them. You are, after all, starting a competitive business which might grow.

It is different if you go and start on your own with a clean break. Then it's good luck, gloves off and may the best business win.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

Board footer