You are not logged in.

#1 25-04-06 12:33:30

char

Hi there....

Hi there, im charlene, im a learner driver at the moment, got my theory in may. Not looking forward to it that much, any tips? I've been having a bit of a rough time personally so its taking alot of commitment from me to keep going with my lessons. My instructor has forced me to join this forum as she is so sure you guys can help motivate me even more. Shes not doing a bad job but I need little kicks up the bottom frequently to keep going.  :dog:

Dad kindly went out and bought me the same car as hers but sadly her car doesnt seem to like starting up or doing anything really!! So shes getting rid and will have a nice shiny new car in 4 weeks. Shes going to try and get me through my practical before her clio goes to car heaven. I pray to god my clio doesnt do naughty things like hers but mines newer so should be ok!!   

I always have the option if her clio goes to heaven before i take my practical of taking the practical in my car so thats really good, thats only if i cannot get used to her new one. One of my motivations to keep going is im desperate to be able to drive to my college as its ages away and the bus seems to take all year!! Also my bags are heavy and i have this nice new clio on my driveway shouting at me it wants to be driven! lol

I do private practice but my dad is reluctant to take me to more challenging places, so when he asks me if i want to go out i end up saying no because i know its the same old route every time neutral My instructor and i agree a challenge will do me good as im getting to that stage where i need to be pushed you know?

Any help or advice would be welcome, and i better say hello to my instructor Hayley (Luchell)  big_smile

25-04-06 12:33:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi there....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-04-06 12:36:52

Moominhater

Best wishes and good luck - this place is great.  Got my PDI theory today (for wanna be driving instructors).  I'm a bit like you and lack motivation and need a big kick in the posterior.  Really wanna pass, but am so scared of failing.

Welcome to the forum and good luck for May.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#3 25-04-06 13:09:19

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Hi Char

Welcome to the forum. smile

Good luck for May - and just keep focused on all those things you'll be able to do/places to go... when you pass! 

#4 25-04-06 13:18:29

msdarcy721

hi char

welcome on board lol

didn't click it was luchell you were on about until i skipped to the end of your post and then it dawned on me bout her poor lil clio

good luck with your lessons and theory bit.

i found that the focus 'Driving Test Success' cd rom useful when i was revising for my theory bit. even had a pop of the adi bit to do as many questions as i could squeeze in  roll lol 8-) when i didn't feel in the mood to revise for my a-levels lol. used the same disc for hazard perception practise, although i found that there weren't quite enough practise clips to use, since when i sat a mock test i could remember at which point in the video clip the hazard would happen upon me lol

a good site i found a while back, stocks the above focus cd roms for a really good price of £5.99

BlahDVD.com

(i don't have any financial links with this company just looks like a good price)

i've heard this same group who released the cd roms (Focus Driving Test Success) have also released a dvd which has additional commentary by a police driver, which might be useful.

good luck xxxxx smile

#5 25-04-06 14:02:02

char

well this is my second time i have taken my theroy test and i hope i will pass

#6 25-04-06 18:14:53

luchell

Hello you, wonderful to have you here. Theres lots of people here who will help give you gentle pushes in the right direction lol wink Also lots of people who are in or have been in the same situation as you are now.

You keep doing those practice theory tests that we've been doing together, practice your hazard perception and above all have a little confidence in yourself lol  wink

#7 25-04-06 20:40:32

sammie06

hi char,
welcome to the forum. you got a good instructor with hayley she has given me alot of useful advice on here about my lessons and driving test which i have used.
Good luck to you
                         Sammie

age.png

#8 25-04-06 21:01:22

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

Hi Char

hope you enjoy it here, i'm sure many of us will give you some motivation whenever you need it just ask smile We are a friendly bunch here as hayley has likely to have told you.

Hope to see you all around the forum, come and have a gander round, general, often good stuff on there  wink have a laugh and a joke  smile

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#9 25-04-06 21:24:14

DrivenMad
Website

Welcome to the forum char..good luck for your theory! smile

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5972/iconexclaimhm6.gif[/img][/URL] www.sleepinggirls.co.uk - for girls AND boys!!

#10 26-04-06 16:41:33

pj
Verified Member

welcome, remember to keep us updated with any juicy gossip about hayley that she won't tell us about herself lol lol only kidding, btw be nice to her new car lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#11 26-04-06 16:45:12

markA.d.I

Hi Char,

Welcome to the forum, watch out for luchells shiny new alloys  big_smile big_smile !

Mark

#12 26-04-06 16:49:08

char

THANX I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE JUICY GOSSIP  lol :evil: :angel: NO IM NOT THAT HARSH ON HAYLEY ALL I CAN SAY SHE IS A GOOD TEACHER AND A GOOD MATE TO ME ASWELL CHEERS HAYLEY  :angel: :evil: wink

#13 26-04-06 16:50:29

luchell

lol Thanks Char. See my pupils they are so loyal you wont get any gossip out of them lol lol :angel:

Yes my shiney alloys will not be making friends with any roadside kerbs when i get the new car!

#14 26-04-06 16:53:20

evan

Welcome to the forum char. Here you will find a place, where you can ask questions about anything to do with driving, and lots not to do with driving, in the company of a great crowd. You can share ideas and thoughts with many people in the same position as yourself, and probably end up giving advice and encouragement to others.

By the way the tea machine is at the back of the room, I don't take sugar. ha ha only joking you'll get used to my insane sense of humour, they chuck me out at 9.30 pm.

Regards and enjoy yourself. Ev

;D ;D ;D ;D

#15 26-04-06 16:54:34

char

HAHAHAHAHAH YOU KNOW I JOKING HAYLEY I WILL TRY NOT GOING ON THE KERBS WITH YOUR NEW CAR  lol YOU LIKE ME REALLY

#16 26-04-06 16:56:08

markA.d.I

You must have been given an extension then Ev's, i thought you had to be out by 8  big_smile big_smile, !!

#17 26-04-06 16:57:53

sammie06

come on ev tell the truth we chuck you out about 8- 8.30  big_smile big_smile big_smile

age.png

#18 26-04-06 16:58:09

luchell

I know you'll be good Char. Have you got your cap locks button on, you're shouting lol lol

#19 26-04-06 16:59:13

markA.d.I

shes shouting because Ev left the door open .....  big_smile

#20 26-04-06 16:59:47

sammie06

Shes jus makin her presence felt  big_smile big_smile

age.png

#21 26-04-06 17:00:06

evan

True normally 8-8.30 chuck out for Ev, but the nights are lighter now and I have to give a lesson 6.30pm - 7.30 pm so they have kindly given me an extension tonight, but I have to behave. Ev ;D

#22 26-04-06 17:00:34

luchell

By the way you can run that nice theory test software in the background, you pop off and do a test and come back and give me the results lol wink

char needs loads of encouragement to do lots of practice theory tests so im hoping being a part of this forum will make it easier for Char to be more motivated. shes had a bad time of late and shes got that beautiful shiny new clio in her drive thats just dying to get rid of its L plates and be driven every where by char so go do that theory girl! lol

#23 26-04-06 17:01:32

markA.d.I

They trust you enough to remove the "special" jacket now as well  Ev:D !

#24 26-04-06 17:02:02

sammie06

no doubt it will be 35/35 go 4 it char

age.png

#25 26-04-06 17:03:21

char

i will i have just got some college work to do

Board footer