You are not logged in.

#1 10-03-04 22:50:37

pageant

Motorway nonsense.

Learners not allowed on motorways...What's that all about then? I can take my pupil on 70mph dual carriageways yet add another lane and its illegal! I can take them on 60mph rural roads(easily the most dangerous).
Anyone got any ideas on why learners are barred from driving on what are clearly and statistically the safest roads? Certainly makes a mockery of the DSA's 'safe driving for life' ethic. They give you what is supposedly a driving test and then let you loose on something that a) youve never practised and b) differs slightly but critically from normal dual carriageway driving. Either let them on the motorways or make pass plus compulsory. What a joke.

10-03-04 22:50:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Motorway nonsense.

#2 10-03-04 23:49:32

jonks

It does seem silly that a learner, just passed their test, is allowed to drive on a motorway on which he/she has no training.

#3 11-03-04 08:17:23

Liesa

I think they ought to make it compulsery, for drivers to have some training with a proffessional, before being let lose on the motorways. You only have to take a look at the general standard of driving on them, to see very few have a clue of how to deal with such situations.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 11-03-04 08:31:16

bigred
Verified Member
Website

What happens if you live miles from the nearest motorway? If your stuck in west Cornwall -  where is the nearest motorway? Or maybe a Scottish Island.

Is there a system that could train/assess these novices without being too burdensome?

Make Pass Plus compulsory and you could reach Motorways from almost anywhere.

Just a few rambling thoughts prior to my first cupo of coffee for the day.

Oh dear! -  work beckons.

Regards,

#5 11-03-04 13:24:04

Liesa

Hi bigred

You may have felt like you were rambeling on, but I feel you put the point across very well.

Compulsery Pass-Plus now that would do the trick, that way they'd all get some training on these roads, but somehow I can't see it happening sad

Board footer