You are not logged in.

#1 23-04-06 21:01:27

gumboots
Verified Member

Another Lamb .....

Hi, just taken the plunge and posted off my application to DSA.

I am a teacher at the moment but want some quality of life while I still have some life left. I have already had loads of questions answered by reading others' posts (been doing a bit of lurking big_smile) but the list in my head is growing so no doubt I'll be back asking a few of my own. Seems like a good crowd here. I am looking to probably finish teaching at the end of this year so will be pushing hard to get through the qualification; From what I have read on these forums over the last couple of weeks, I realise it will be hard work but I am looking forward to a fresh challenge. Hope to 'speak' to some of you soon when I get underway with the training.

Might as well start as I mean to go on... How long do DSA normally take to process applications :?

David

Part 1 - 1st July 8:30 - 96% & 65 smile
Part 2 - 5th December 8:45 3 x Driving

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

23-04-06 21:01:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Another Lamb .....

#2 23-04-06 21:04:18

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi David and welcome, when I sent off for mine it only took 2 weeks so good luck.

Giz smile

#3 23-04-06 21:24:58

gumboots
Verified Member

Thanks Giz!

That should just get me past the GCSE / A level exam rush and then I can get down to my own studying for Part 1.

#4 23-04-06 21:31:21

markA.d.I

hi David and welcome to the forum!

I guess we will have to watch are spelling and grammar now!

good luck with you're training,

mark

#5 23-04-06 21:57:25

gumboots
Verified Member

Thanks for the welcome Mark.

I'll only pull you up on spelling and grammar if you get more than 6 minor errors in 1 post. big_smile

David

#6 23-04-06 21:58:53

markA.d.I

smile smile Nice one !

#7 23-04-06 22:18:39

Django

Where as I will pull you up over every one. :evil: :evil: :rolf: :rolf:

Good luck with the training gumboots smile

#8 24-04-06 12:11:21

sipin
Verified Member

Welcome to the forum, think what advice you would give your pupils and take that advice and use it for your advantage..

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#9 24-04-06 12:23:30

pj
Verified Member

hi gumboots, welcome and good luck with the training, enjoy the school holidays while you still can, you will probably find you won't get a 6 week summer hols when you become an adi lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#10 24-04-06 12:31:18

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Well done on sending off application form, and welcome to the forum. smile

#11 24-04-06 13:20:21

msdarcy721

hi gumboots

good luck when you begin your training.

they're the two occupations i'm considering persuing in couple of years down the track. uni route (teacher/lecturer) or adi training. shall have to see how things pan out. tempted to go the adi route at present tho.

anyways

good luck with it all and welcome :afro:

#12 24-04-06 20:55:15

gumboots
Verified Member

Thanks all!

6 weeks holiday in summer is good but there is always a downside. As they say in Yorkshire "you don't get owt for nowt"; I found it to be so verrrry true.

What subject would you pick Msdarcy or are you thinking Primary?

#13 24-04-06 20:56:53

msdarcy721

if i aint going down the adi route, prob philosophy/eng lit/french. wouldn't mind teaching the little terrors lol lol

good luck with your new career xx 8-)

#14 24-04-06 21:12:22

luchell

Hi there and welcome to the forum lol

#15 24-04-06 21:15:41

sammie06

hiya,
    Welcome to the forum

Sammie

age.png

#16 24-04-06 21:39:29

Nat
Verified Member

Hiya gumboots,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Nat

#17 24-04-06 22:21:58

gumboots
Verified Member

What a nice bunch  we are  lol  - very welcoming.

Sammie, see you have your test in a couple of days. Good Luck!

Board footer