You are not logged in.

#1 18-10-04 21:40:52

VickyWelton

Someone please help me with Part 3 - on my final attempt!

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if it is just me or do other people experience the same problems trying to secure a career they really want?!!

I initially started training in June 2003.  I went through a well known company in Tolworth to start my training and whilst the training was OK for Part 1 (I did feel I could have done a lot of it myself) and also helpful for Part Two, the training for Part Three was a major let down. After 4 letters of complaint, copied to ORDIT, I got nowhere.  I then left my office-based job to go training on a pink licence.  I have been with a Driving School in Farnborough since July and took my first attempt at the Test in September scoring a 3/3. The day before my second attempt at the beginning of October I had some training with another Instructor and there were some discrepancies in what he was telling me compared to the other guy who had been training me.  I then had some major doubts about taking my test and was prepared to loose my test fee instead of one of my attempts.  Both Trainers urged me to go for the test and told me that I would pass.  I didn't - another 3/3!!! I had a long chat with the examiner afterwards and explained that I had taken 12 people to test, 9 of whom had passed and even been stopped by the police to be complimented on how one of my pupils was driving! She advised that this was better than some of the qualified ADIs!

Please would someone recommend an EXCELLENT trainer in the Surrey/Hampshire area - if I have to travel I will - I just need someone I can trust to train me properly. Is there no other governing body for this and does noone need another qualification apart from ADI to train someone to be an instructor? So far I have spent 18 months of my life and over £2500 on this new career.  I love the job and I am not going to give it up without a fight, otherwise I could find myself out of work after Christmas!!  By the way, my pink badge runs out on 4th January 2005.

Thanks in desperation,
Vicky  :x

18-10-04 21:40:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Someone please help me with Part 3 - on my final attempt!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-10-04 05:40:10

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Vicki,
I too went through the same as you, giving up a well paid full time job.

Went to 3rd test and my feeling was that i did worse on 3rd go than the other 2 but i passed my marks were 3/3 3/4 4/4.

I had also passed a lot of pupils (5 the week before my final attempt!)

goto this web page www.instructor-training.co.uk and you will find a very helpful book at £19.99 called core-competencies made easy, this is like a bible, and well worth the money. I think this is what passed me, as i seemed to learn a lot from it, and also use it on my lessons!

Good luck, and keep your head up!!

robbie

#3 19-10-04 05:55:20

CarADI

Call the DIA, thats what they are for, are you a member ? why not? They have a list of experts who can help you. Ask for Pam Barnaville MA in Driver Education. She lives not too far from you.
Book a place at the DIA Seminar in Manchester next Monday. That will open your eyes as what is available to you. You cannot afford to miss it.

#4 19-10-04 15:31:33

ethel

Hi vikki,

I can reccommend an excelent adi trainer to you. they work for a company na
med xcel driver training. they are based in the midlands. I had been through two attemps at part 3 and had failed due to the poor training i received at the instructor college. i got 5 5 on my final attempt. this was due to the fantastic training i received. i have since reccommended many people to xcel and they have all received fantastic quality one 2 one training and passed. The web site is www.xceldrivertaining.com

ethel.

Board footer