You are not logged in.

#26 21-04-06 19:31:32

evan

Re: PINK OR NO PINK WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Were you a top notch instructor when you first started. (In no way is that meant with any sarcasm). The fact is Airmiles you know and I know that passing the Part 3 test is the start of your real learning. I am not going to dispute with you the fact that the pink licence has been abused in the past. But it is a little unfair to vent so much venom on people using a learning process that is open to them.

If there are discrepencies in the system surely that lies with the organisations that teach ADI courses, they do not always fulfill their promises, if there is an injustice in the whole of the system, I think this is the place to start.

With regards to Learners, yes I have had similar situations where Learners have been left high and dry, because of the reasons you describe, but again this is because of the covert attempts made by some schools about who is giving lessons. Not really the fault of the trainee to be honest. Ev

21-04-06 19:31:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 21-04-06 19:43:53

markA.d.I

We only have your word for that Airmiles.

You do not disclose anything about your school, qualifications ?

What have you got to hide ??

#28 24-04-06 06:17:10

butt2
Verified Member

At the moment the Pink is still a method authorised by the DSA, the governing body, for us trainees to gain experience and prepare for the final exam. 

Now of course Airmiles has a point however badly put it was!  Are pupils receiving inferior training.  Logic says they must be if they are receiving instruction from a partly trained instructor.

Not necessarily the case.  Some of the guys I have talked to and corresponded with who are on Pink are enthusiastic, keen to develop and bang upto date with the latest teaching methods. Compare this with old hand ADI of 20 years: gloss has gone off job, stuck in their ways and not abreast with latest developments.  I am sure it happens because it happens in any job.  Hey I am not for a moment suggesting this is always the case!

From my own experience on Pink I have worked incredibly hard over the last year to gain the knowledge and achieve a high driving standard.  I need the Pink experience to get me over the final hurdle.  I am learning from every lesson and developing my skills but also ensuring the pupil gains from each and every lesson.  After a month on Pink I can see the improvements in my pupils and I know the standard they require to pass the test.  Basically aiming for the standard I drive at.  My instructional methods don't necessarily work first time everytime but I am prepared to adapt and give extra time if necessary to ensure pupils takes something positive away from every lesson.

I have got 2 pupils through test so far who I obviously did not train from scratch.  One was a naturally good driver who I polished to test standard and the other was one who lacked confidence having done three tests previously.  By his own admission he went to test with me more confident than he had previously.

I still think Airmiles had a point but it is up to us trainees on Pink to use the training opportuntiy constructively to prepare ourselves for Part 3 and our pupils for their test but mainly safe driving for life.

I find the forums I am a member of extremely beneficial in sharing my experiences with experienced ADIs, top trainers, an ex SE, others on pink and new trainees.  They give their time freely both on the forum, in PM and even on the phone.       

For what its worth the Pink is still available and I believe if used properly does benefit the trainee whilst having little adverse affect on learners.

Anyway thats some of my views on this issue.

#29 24-04-06 06:33:15

Yicker
Verified Member

The system, i know, is open to abuse by people looking to make a fast buck and not to use the pink as a learning tool. If the pupil is ok being taught by a trainee then all well and good, and i totally agree with Nat. Charge a little less and as a trainee, make sure the company supervises properly, and offers the training required to become an ADI proper.

Everyone has to learn and start to learn somewhere, i think it will be a shame for PDI's if it gets abolished because a few unscrupulous companies dont use it as it should be used. These compainies have an obligation to every learner they take onto their books to make sure they get proper training in the skills they need to become and stay a good driver, and if the trainee's have to move on due to time restraints etc then surely they must have to see the pupils right??

#30 24-04-06 07:21:02

The Mod

Been said before, but in principle the pink is a great idea if it is used as it was intended, as a learning tool by dedicated PDIs.
It falls flat because some PDIs (usually attracted by adverts promising £70k a year, car, flexi-hours, penthouse, and a yacht etc etc) who dont have a hope of passing pt3, and their trainers abuse the system to make a living, even though they are nowhere near good enough to teach real pupils.
Gives pinkies a bad name.
If the trainee licence was properly policed then there wouldnt be so much of a problem.

Board footer