You are not logged in.

#1 22-04-06 13:30:19

driver69

Employment advice needed

WARNING tenuous link to ADI subject big_smile

Maybe someone could offer some advice or point me in the right direction, The reason I am training to be an ADI is the firm I work for will be relocating and I do not want to relocate with them.

I have been with the firm for around 13 years and I wonder, will I be entitled to redundancy if I leave because of the relocation?  They are prepared to pay traveling expenses but it will mean an extra 12 hours a week traveling and I am not willing to do that.

Does anyone know where I would stand?

Thanks.

22-04-06 13:30:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Employment advice needed

#2 22-04-06 18:18:54

Nat
Verified Member

Hiya,

I think they can insist on you travelling 12 miles and class it as redeployment. Any further than that, and they cannot class it as redeployment. The rules are that unless they can offer you a "suitable alternative" job within a 12 mile radius, you are entitled to redundancy. I only know that because I was made redundant last year but they were trying to redeploy as many people as possible into other jobs.

#3 22-04-06 19:14:16

driver69

Thanks, that sounds sensible.  I thought there must be some sort of rule like that.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 24-04-06 00:20:23

gumboots
Verified Member

Driver67,

Not too sure that this is a 'rule'. It might just be Nat's company agreement for redundancy procedure.

ACAS have a very useful website and their info Here, although it is less clear, gives guidance as to what the company should state in writing. This page also gives strict guidelines as to procedure that the company should have followed. What about your union? If you are not in one, is there one that covers your industry? They often take new members at times like this, especially if they can pick up a few.

Good luck but tread carefully, don't go in with guns blazing until you are sure of the facts.

Part 1 - 1st July 8:30 - 96% & 65 smile
Part 2 - 5th December 8:45 3 x Driving

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

#5 24-04-06 07:39:51

driver69

Thanks gumboots, I will have a look at those links.

Board footer