You are not logged in.

#1 14-10-04 20:50:43

andyconnor
Verified Member

pink badge before test?

Hi folks,

Just coming to the end of my part 3 training (with LDC)
My tutor wants me to put in for my test, but i'm more inclined to go on a trainee licence for a bit to get some "on the road" experience.

Also, I would need to pay out in the region of 100pound a week for franchise fees and lease of car> however, I notice that BSM are doing  a oart time scheme, that apparantely  has no costs up front as long as you commit to giving 15 hours of lessons a week.

Any thoughts?

14-10-04 20:50:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: pink badge before test?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-10-04 21:18:44

adi
Verified Member
Website

If your instructor feels you are ready for your test why not have a go?

Sometimes when you go on a pink you can get dragged into the murky world of being overloaded with work with lots of pressure dashing from one lesson to another and some lose sight of 'practice' altogether. I would speak with your instructor and see what they recommend.

#3 14-10-04 21:36:56

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I 100% agree with adi.

If you feel quite happy with your training and the standard that you are at, put in for that test.

I never went 'on a pink' before my part 3, and never had a problem with passing it.

Good Luck

#4 14-10-04 21:59:27

andyconnor
Verified Member

thanks folks,

i'm just a wee bit worried about using up a "life" when i'm not really getting out on the road. basically the only on road experience i'm getting at the mo' is a couple of hours a week with my girlfriend and then my hour with tutor.

i've asked around for a training partner etc. but really struggling.

might go for it, and if i fail, go on the pink. working full time, so would limit my hours to cover costs only.

#5 16-10-04 19:22:56

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I do understand what you are saying/thinking, I was in the same position.

My girlfriend way sick of being a ''dummy student'' as she passed her test 7 years ago.

One thing i did was go buy a tape recorder and record my self talking out all the briefings, then looking at the correct PST for that briefing i just recorded and checking i mentioned the topics i had to cover.

The other thing i did was record myself saying all of what is on each PST as i could remember. Then playing the tape back to check i got them right.

Of-course its not like being out on the road with a 'live' pupil but it gave me a boost to know i was saying the 'important things' at the right time.

#6 16-10-04 21:33:43

adi
Verified Member
Website

If it's any consolation Andy i also passed without going on a pink, first time too. Many of the other trainees i learned with went on pinks and lost sight a little by being just too busy. I just kept on practicing with another trainee. If i had failed i would without any doubt have gone onto a pink to try and get practice from  a different angle.

Board footer