You are not logged in.

#1 21-04-06 13:53:34

k00lken

Hi and can any-one help

Hi all
Just found this site.I am thinking of trying to become a driving instructor and have noticed the large amount of money it will cost to train.
Does any-one have any good ideas of how to get trained without having to stump up £2500 because I just cant afford that and currently being self employed I wouldn't be able to get a loan to cover it
Can any one help
cheers
ken
Thanks for quick response I live in the Lancaster/Morecambe area

21-04-06 13:53:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi and can any-one help

#2 21-04-06 14:07:21

evan

You can buy books and discs for your part 1 study and test.

Your part 2 get an assessment drive off of a trainer you will have to do a bit of research, give us your area and perhap we can point you in the right direction. The trainer can help you with putting the finishing touches on your driving and tell you what to practice and do to get up to standard.
Then you will have to be trained for part 3 probably with the same trainer.

You would be well advised to post your details on the PDI boards and let people know which area you live in.
There are trainers who work on a pay as you go basis, but as I say you will need to find out where they are, who they are, and their reputation. Ev

#3 21-04-06 14:13:53

Yicker
Verified Member

Unforutanely, there is some cost involved for training. Try your local schools to see if they do a pay-as-you-go scheme. Part 1 is theory and hazard perception, the pack i got from my trainers was nothing that i couldnt have sourced myself from most high street shops. Part 2 is the ability to drive test, again if your driving is of a good standard, you can do this by yourself or get a few lessons to bring your driving up to scratch. Part three is where you will need the help of an experienced and qualified trainer.
I'm fairly new to this industry, and im sure someone else on here will give you far better advise than this!!   But its a start at least !!    Good luck with your choice

Board footer