You are not logged in.

#1 17-03-06 09:41:10

Jewels

Think the noveltys worn off

Yep only been driving now for 4 1/2 months and the noveltys worn off. No longer do I like driving, in fact I try and do my best to avoid it. I mean it does my head on, pedestrians who don't care if they walk into the middle of the road, othere idiots speeding to gain no distance what so ever, children scaring the crap out of you & other drivers who don't look were they are going before they pull put. Oh and then theres the matter of scrapping for a parking space when you drop your kids off at nursery.

Sorry, just a rant really.

17-03-06 09:41:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Think the noveltys worn off

#2 17-03-06 10:24:20

sweet pea

We all feel like that at times, I know I have. wink If only people would drive like they were taught, and were polite to fellow motorists/pedestrians..wouldnt it be heavenly! wink

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again !!

#3 17-03-06 13:07:16

Gizmotime
Administrator

It does get better Jewels honestly wink remember you were a Pedestrian once big_smile

#4 17-03-06 15:16:12

Jewels

I know, I'm on about those ppl who ya know who see you but cross anyway & them stupid mothers who let there kids ran half a mile down road and they basically are to young to have any road sense. Soz but my kid always as her hand held when near roads. I'm also on bout them stupid drivers who don't look and pull out in front of you causing you to slam on.

Offff this is turning into a rant.

#5 17-03-06 15:20:19

Jewels

Oh and the stupid ppl at school who park right up your bum so you find it hard to get out (no power steering). Leave plenty of space from the car in front, so you go drop/pick em up only to come back to see that car gone and two new cars have completely blocked you in.

#6 17-03-06 16:03:40

Badger

Welcome to the real world of driving Jewels.

It doesnt get any better believe me. 

In fact its getting worse as more and more cars get on the road and parents rely more heavily on other people to sort their kids out.

What do we do about it.

Defensive urban driving is the key. 

Dont let the b******s grind you down  -   remember when the going gets tough the tough get going.

Take satisfaction and challenge from getting so good at your new skill that you can pre-emt every potential disaster and take action to avoid it.

Develop and hone your hazard perception skills to the point that you can anticipate and react to Olympic Gold medal standards.

You will eventually begin to miss the big challenges because it has become boring dealing with day to day routine hazards.

Then its time for a track day,skid pan, 4 x 4 course etc to keep you interested.

Parking. try to park in such a way that you have an immovable object either behind you or in front thus leaving a space that no-one can change. Tree, council bin, skip, road works or a friends car (make sure you leave together)

Whatever - dont let that skill you have now licenced wither away

Badger

#7 17-03-06 17:17:08

sparkle

Good post Badger ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#8 17-03-06 18:36:42

markA.d.I

inspired me badger !

#9 18-03-06 00:03:32

Jewels

I know yikes, did me too ;D

#10 18-03-06 10:55:20

luchell

And me!! Thanks Badger. Im so going to use that tip about the immovable object when parking. That'll stop em :evil:

Jewels i think we all feel it at times. I know i do and i just love driving. Everynow and then though i just want to get home and get the drive over and done with and thats not like me.

#11 18-03-06 10:58:22

Jewels

I think I were just having a bad day, ya know when your driving along and everyone seems to do stuff just to annoy you.

Got my lesson on motorways on pass plus next friday so its sommat new. Lets hope I can take it this time instead of cancelling it for a 3rd time.

#12 18-03-06 11:01:05

luchell

That should liven things up for you Jewels lol Good luck with that and well done for going for some further training. I enjoy motorway driving. I have no idea why but i think its the challenge i enjoy so much lol

#13 18-03-06 11:07:26

Jewels

I'm dreading it as I hate driving fast. In the car I have I don't really notice how fast it is, well I do but in my adi's his car just seems to fly off if you know what I mean ???.
Also the lesson happens to land on my birthday so I probably end up crashing & killing myself & my adi on it ;D ;D.

#14 20-04-06 18:20:20

madison

Hi Jewels,

When i did my motorway lesson, i used my own car as i was more used to that than my instructors and he said it was better for me to use my own car as that's what i'll be driving around in on my own anyway. Couldn't you use your own car?

Good luck with your motorway lesson, have fun, i know i did!!!

Madison  big_smile

#15 20-04-06 20:06:54

Van Man
Verified Member

Gets me down some days like today for instance.  :x I was convinced the van is invisible because of at least 3 cars pulled out of side roads straight in front of me, and a plonker changed lane right in front of me :-X just managed to miss him! However, because of advanced observations i was ready for them. Very annoying non the less :'(

DON'T GET ME STARTED.
I'm not doing it wrong,Its just another way of doing it right!
IAM observer

#16 20-04-06 20:29:21

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

i've come to realise that if you accept that some motorists will drive like prats, some pedestrians will always step off the pavement and some moped riders will always cuts you up - and, there's nothing you can do about it (except be ready) your day will become much more enjoyable.  big_smile

Board footer