You are not logged in.

#1 17-04-06 12:51:26

sv1000s
Verified Member

registered keeper of car

Hi folks, maybe a daft question and I haven't seen it mentioned before so it's probably not an issue... but

if you have driving school name and use your own car... is the registered keeper of the car still you personally or the school name?

e.g.  F McClutchin uses his own car, registered keeper Frank McClutchin.

Does it then become registered to F McClutchin school of motoring? or ABC s.o.m for example...

No.. that's not the name i'll be using for school btw....

cheers.

17-04-06 12:51:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: registered keeper of car

#2 17-04-06 13:07:52

luchell

Nope my car is under my name not my business name. When i asked the Dvla they were more than happy with this.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 17-04-06 19:38:09

adi
Verified Member
Website

Keep it to your own name, it will keep things simple when you sell on.

#4 20-04-06 17:13:11

Panjandrumbuilder

Good advice  smile

#5 20-04-06 20:13:29

Van Man
Verified Member

I have had trouble at post office when taxing a vehicle. if all the names on insurance and renewal dont match they dont half kick up a fuss. maybe just who I saw. but if everything tallies they cant argue and if if you just got your name on the log book, its got to be easier to sell on than an ex school car :-X

DON'T GET ME STARTED.
I'm not doing it wrong,Its just another way of doing it right!
IAM observer

#6 28-04-06 10:42:58

corsa
Verified Member
Website

keep it in your own name otherwise it might effect your warrenty

if in doubt don t pull out
www.cartuition.co.uk

#7 30-04-06 18:46:05

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Keep it in your name. When it comes to selling it keeps the value up even on trade ins. A dealer won't want a car on his forecourt that says the former owner was a driving school.

I believe some hire companies have a seperate company to own cars for this very reason, and maybe some large driving schools do?

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#8 30-04-06 20:10:04

Karenadi

My car is an ex BSM: I found out when I received the log book, which was strangely unavailable at the time I purchased the car.  However, nothing wrong with it:,  was still covered by warranty etc etc.  It's registered just to me now and when I sell on BSM will disappear from the log book before the next owner gets their copy.

Board footer