You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-03-04 12:02:59

DrivingAmbition
Verified Member
Website

Strike

Some instructors at our local test centre have heard about a possible 2 day strike on 13th & 14th April.  Has anyone else heard this ?

www.drivingambition.info
Brackley, Northamptonshire.
off Road for under 17's
driving%20ambition%20logo.gif

menu_badges.gif

10-03-04 12:02:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Strike

#2 10-03-04 12:41:59

Badger

Nothing on the DSA website - not that that means a great deal !

Badger

#3 10-03-04 14:10:55

DAVE-ADI

Having days off on strike is better for us than cancelling tests as we turn up at the centre because of the work to rule.

It's happened on several occasions already this week, and again this morning when THREE tests, all 9.37am were turned away.

Examiners are beginning to lose any support they had from local ADIs.

#4 10-03-04 17:04:44

jonks

I might be getting this wrong but anyway...

I think examinars need to look at other ways of protesting about their pay packet. Strike action is all very well but in this case, who does it really effect?

Not the DSA thats for sure! The DSA still get their money because tests are booked in advance. When a candidate gets turned away from a test due to strike action the DSA don't hant back the fee, they just re-arange the test.

The only parties effected by the strike action are the candidate who has to wait another 6 - 14 weeks for a test and the driving instructor who keeps getting messed around!

All the time, the waiting times for tests get longer but the DSA's tills continue to rattle.

Strike action for examinars, in my opinion and remember I'm an outsider, is not the answer to their problems.

#5 10-03-04 22:46:34

kev146g
Website

but they do lose out as they pay compansation 1.5 hours  for adi and half a days wages and any thing else that you can prove for that day its costing them a lot

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#6 14-03-04 22:02:32

Ann Gregory

I heard last Friday that the 'work to rule' was being suspended as they were in communication over a new pay deal but prior to that had heard that another strike was on the cards for mid April.  My own personal thoughts are that if examiners are on a reasonable wage then maybe they might be happier in their work and both the pupils and us will benefit but that is just my own personal opinion

Monday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer