You are not logged in.

#1 11-10-04 20:13:53

Sheffield Newby

Pink Licence

Can someone clear this up for me?

I've taken and passed pt 1 - and have part 2 before Christmas. I'm taking my ADI with a driving school, and it was mentioned that I may be able to go on a provisional licence if I pass pt 2, to train for pt 3.

How long can I work on a provisional licence for before passing pt 3??

11-10-04 20:13:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Licence

#2 11-10-04 20:39:56

ShaunL
Verified Member

A trainee licence is valid for six months from date of issue. Usually only allowed one but you can try to get second if you have a valid reason.

Shaun

#3 11-10-04 21:49:48

Sheffield Newby

So it's a risk then - if I take one out, take my part 3 and fail - chances are my 6 months might be up before I take the test again, so i'll need to still be in another job??

#4 12-10-04 06:17:32

ShaunL
Verified Member

It is a risk. Most PDI's that I have known usually manage to get test dates to fall within the 6 months, I've also known some to get a second pink.

I personally wouldn't give a up a job to go on a pink licence I would wait until I had passed my part 3. I worked part time(evenings and weekends) for a large franchise while on a pink so there was little risk involved especially as my wife was the main earner and I was a house husband!!

Shaun

#5 18-10-04 13:03:35

Briano

Hi

Hope you don't mind me butting in on this one but how about learning/earning on a pink whilst doing a full time job is this possible?
Also, I'm planning on training with LDC (just awaiting funding to come through), and I guess I would have to start the franchise after Part 2 to do this - could that cause problems if I failed part 3? I'd then be stuck with payments on a car etc whilst unable to instruct!

Cheers

Briano

#6 18-10-04 18:46:02

Liesa

Hi Briano

Are you aware that, you'll have to complete 40 hours part 3 training, before you can take out a pink badge?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 19-10-04 08:19:49

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

LDC seem to be advising at least one attempt at part 3 and then go onto the pink if you fail.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#8 19-10-04 11:37:24

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

I had a try at part 3 before i went on to a pink badge with LDC if i had not had that first go i would not have had time in the 6 months for 3 attemps if needed at part 3 due to the long wait for test dates i passed part 3 at the 2nd go but that was almost 4 months in to the training licence

#9 19-10-04 18:30:55

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I've just had one of my trainees get a second (Pink) Trainee Licence, but it was due to a whole range of difficult personal problems not the waiting time.

If waiting times are bad you can apply for a second licence, which in most circumstances will be refused. You can then appeal against that decision on the grounds that the waiting times did not allow for 3 tests during the 6 month period. During the appeal proceedure you can continue to teach. The appeal proceedure can take from 2 to 5 months. Which should give you the chance to get some additional training and make the most of your attempts at part 3.

I have 3 trainees at the moment, but I do think the Pink badge should have more rules or supervision attached to it, or perhaps replaced by a different system altogether.

Regards,

Board footer