You are not logged in.

#1 10-04-06 10:35:50

Karl
Verified Member

Start on me pinki next month1

I start on my pink next month and can't wait, a bit nervous as you would be when doing something new and out of your comfat area.  When is it best to register my self as self employed? 
Any tips or pieces of advice from anyone about anything while on a pink would be appreciated1

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

10-04-06 10:35:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Start on me pinki next month1

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-04-06 12:38:04

hoppo
Verified Member

U need to register with the inland revenue within the first 3 months of trading.  Good luck.

The home of the Learner www.thelearner.co.uk

#3 11-04-06 14:44:32

sipin
Verified Member

Hi Karl,

It's a great feeling to get out there and teach and remember unlike in your training you will know more than the pupil ! ! ! ! and be in control..... well most of the time, ( I'm remembering things that have happened to me in the past !).

Hoppo is correct you must register with the Inland Revenue within 3 months and you are liable for class 2 contributions (£2.10 per week) even if you already have a full time job and pay class 1 NI.

However if you are going to earn less than £4335pa you could also obtain an Exception Certificate,
phone up the IR National Insurance Contributions on: 084591-56116 it's at local rate and they will do every thing over the phone.

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 11-04-06 14:49:10

Django

Any tips or pieces of advice

Yeah don't tell Airmiles you're on a pink :evil: wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 11-04-06 15:38:18

evan

Karl wrote:

Any tips or pieces of advice

Yeah don't tell Airmiles you're on a pink :evil: wink

Another Django classic. ha ha ha Ev

#6 11-04-06 15:40:21

evan

Good luck Karl, enjoy your time on the pink and get loads of experience. It's a real worthwhile experience if you do it right. Keep posting any questions on the forum, someone here will always have some good advice for you.

Top tip for starting on the pink. Get your instruction in early, best tip my trainer gave me. Ev

#7 12-04-06 21:02:29

Karl
Verified Member

What do you mean get your instruction in early? Ev,
Cheers for the advice people, this site is def a god send,well the people that use it are anyway lol

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#8 12-04-06 21:29:07

evan

When on the move, make sure that when you give your instructions to your pupil, you give it in plenty of time, so you have time to repeat it if necessary, if you leave it to late it'll be too late. Learners need plenty of time to process what you say.

I wondered what this meant exactly, when my trainer first said it to me. Soon became apparent when I was teaching. Ev

Board footer