You are not logged in.

#1 09-03-04 18:36:31

pageant

ANYONE GOT A DICTIONARY?

MSM- Now we all know that one,dont we ? But wait! That last M is not an M at all is it? Its actually PSL. And me, well I think we should change it to SPL. Just a personal opinion of course. But wait! That last L is not an L at all is it ? Its actually LAD.

And the cockpit drill. I was told DSSM. Then some literature I saw said that it was actually DSSSM! Its so long ago that I can't even think now what the other S is for!

Oh my god, i've just remembered something. No, not the extra S but wasn't there an A for 'act' after LAD?

Now before you all fall asleep with the sheer excitement of it all could someone tell me if you(as I did) had to learn this nonsense for expected recall of such for part 3?

Looking back on it, there is surely some argument for 'overkill' and I know full well that it certainly had a negative impact on my teaching when I initially qualified. As for DSSM, I wasted a full 30 secs or a minute telling my pupil about a !!!!!!!! door! and how to check that it is closed properly....There is of course some remote logic to this issue but do any of you seriously discuss it on a lesson?

Though the logic of what the letters represent is obvious, maybe my trainer should have told me that part 3 is nothing like an actual lesson. But that begs the question 'why not'?

I, as I am sure all of you, have ammended countless things that I was taught as we are all aware that a lot of driving instruction is 'grey' and therefore open to us to 'colour' it in our own fashion. I haven't seen those lesson plans I used in years. I am sure they would make a most amusing read. And to all you PDI's out there. If you're not entirely happy with a lesson plan that you rightly perceive to be your 'bible' then change it to suit YOU. Don't mess with the basics though. There is a rumour that the DSA is considering introducing mandatory breathing exercise teaching for phase 1 moving off/stopping for those with a nervous disposition.

Well, you wouldn't put it past them ,would you?

09-03-04 18:36:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ANYONE GOT A DICTIONARY?

#2 09-03-04 19:02:11

Badger

...............but do any of you seriously discuss it on a lesson?

Yep - sure do

But not just the drivers door

I mention child locks - should they be 'on' when passengers are adults etc.

Are all doors properly shut?  How do you tell ?

Should doors be locked ? What about women driving on their own ?

What about locked doors and accidents ?

Etc etc

These are all survival things that we, as experienced drivers, have picked up in the course of our driving lives.  I think we have a duty to pass them on to our trainees.

Badger

#3 09-03-04 20:09:30

pageant

Blimey the mind truly boggles...

Board footer