You are not logged in.

#1 03-04-06 09:43:25

pm
Verified Member

PINK OR NO PINK WHAT DO YOU THINK???

training for my part 3.. in two minds about going pink or not how did you get your green???
or what are you doing in preparation for your part 3 as pdi any comments appreciated

looking for buddy in tamworth..delayed success.. strike 1

03-04-06 09:43:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PINK OR NO PINK WHAT DO YOU THINK???

#2 03-04-06 11:14:09

alv
Verified Member

I used a pink and it worked well for me.
I only did 8ish hours a week in order to keep working full time and also keep my training up. Don't get greedy and take on too much work. I used to study and train on a particular subject, then "use" my pupils to practice. I was totally up front with them and never had a moan, in fact most of the time I tried to give them an extra 15 minutes or so and they were delighted with the extra tuition.
Finding a good establishment who will help you and not just take the money is the hardest part, get a recommendation if you can. Which area are you based in?

Alv

ADI, Fleet Trainer
NG9 Driver Training
Nottingham

#3 05-04-06 23:21:12

pdi

im going pink why not at least you can practise lesson structure and get a feel for core competencies properly before going at your first attempt

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 05-04-06 23:33:34

Andi

Im going to whack an attempt in for my Green, doing a freebie to add some extra practice  big_smile...If i dont make it first attempt, i may have to think pink, but it will be to fill time and earn some whilst training...not just to train as it should be used! Im just being Honest here. If most people admit it, im sure their circumstances would be the same. I still have the national debt accumulating behind me whilst im training/mortgage/bills etc and can only last so long before i Have to earn some money.

Go for the jugular now if you want.....I could lie, but what would be the point, we all know what its about?

Andi

1.gif

#5 05-04-06 23:44:24

pdi

andi i dont think you can do that i think you have to choose pink first or going for green might be wrong

#6 06-04-06 00:01:52

Andi

PDI

I think you will find that anyone can make an attempt at the test (part 3), and if they fail can then go on a pink licence providing they have a sponsor and have also had the relative training. wink

As far as i am aware there is nothing stopping a candidate from doing the part 3 test, then if needed going on to a pink for more experience etc.

Andi big_smile

1.gif

#7 06-04-06 00:08:49

posh
Verified Member

do you feel ready now andi   smile

#8 06-04-06 00:14:21

Andi

Almost, i have a little while yet before i sit the part 3 test, but it would be silly of me to believe that i will 100% pass, you never know on the day, it could easily go wrong, nerves could take over where common sense and knowledge once were!! neutral

I have to remain real, and be objective, i said from the beginning that if Dave (my trainer) didnt think i should take the test, or i wasnt ready i would postpone it, thankfully that hasnt happened and i still have lots and lots of training to come :mrgreen:, so i should be absolutely ready by test date  big_smile

Overall, i am looking forward to the test, see it as just another challenge really...im gonna enjoy it and just do what i have been taught.

What ever will be will be and all that.

Common sense remains and i have to keep my options open at this time... lol

Andi

1.gif

#9 06-04-06 00:20:26

posh
Verified Member

sounds good to me, i have an assesment coming up soon   ( worry worry) that will sort out my weaknesses and strengths and then i can work on them.

#10 06-04-06 07:59:56

luchell

Yes Andis quite correct, some people go for green but they always have the option for a pink if they want to. Some fail two and find that a pink would help them to gain some confidence before the last one smile

#11 06-04-06 12:56:23

pdi

i think i was confusing it with the extra training or supervision whilst applying for pink

#12 06-04-06 13:22:24

pm
Verified Member

cheers guys n gals all comments gratefully received. im doin a few freebies myself gettin a feel for what is to come... maybe i'l flip a coin still got some training to come ... need to get stuck in seem to eat, sleep and even bleed pst's at the mo.books diagrams notes "DONT IT SEEM TO DRIVE YOU CRAZY" oops sorry getting carried away..  big_smile

#13 06-04-06 18:42:05

butt2
Verified Member

I started on Pink with small local school on 27/3.  I am doing around 25 hours a week with pupils with a varying number of lessons under their belt.  I know my confidence has soared and believe that my  instructional ability has increased significantly already.  A side benefit is that my driving standard has also seen a real upturn!

Now I don't regard the Pink as a money making option although I am infact easily covering all my outgoings whilst leaving time to self assess performance, study, practise and receive further training both with my college and privately.

Areas of notable improvement are my ability to switch between GPI levels of instruction and application of the Core Competencies.  Also daily use of recap, objectives, briefings and summary are making my presentation much more natural.

I am absolutely loving the whole experience.

However I would be cautious in recommending it to others purely because of the potential pitfulls if you don't stay focused and treat it as the training opportunity that it is designed to be. 

I took my first pupil to test today (9 hours of tuition of which I gave 7).  Another whole new experience dealing with the pre test session and the Test Centre itself.  It was brilliant and my pupil (who is a naturally skilled driver) passed with 9 minors.   

Anyway just some my thoughts on this sometimes thorny issue!

#14 10-04-06 11:08:31

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

What I did was to have a crack at going streight for green, in my case my success was delayed so took the pink option, didn't use it to full as the sponsoring school only supplyed me with 4 pupils but it was just enough.
Good luck
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#15 10-04-06 12:32:25

bigyin43
Verified Member

hi.
i have just been and done 40 hours + trainingtowards my part three, and have just signed a provisional agreement for the pink licence, sponsored option.
thoroughly enjoyed the training , have sarted giving supervision to my partner (total novice and have one or two others waiting till i get started, for training.

really looking forward to it .

thoroughjly enjoying myself so far .

#16 16-04-06 20:49:19

pm
Verified Member

thanks guys useful comments but feel free to keep them coming :-

#17 19-04-06 17:49:09

eli
Verified Member

go for the pink its an experience and a half you can do thousands of hours pt 3 training and its nothing like teaching real pupils just be careful how you word things like straight over the next roundabout as opposed to following the road ahead at the roundabout its the 2nd exit ;D

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger

#18 20-04-06 17:28:59

Panjandrumbuilder

I put some statistics together on the effect of pink licences on the marketplace over the past 3 years. You can see this tool at www.dtol.co.uk and follow the ADI area link.

#19 21-04-06 14:54:30

Airmiles

Pink or no Pink ???????????

What about the poor bleeding pupils who innocently telephone a driving school to book a genuine ADI to teach them life saving skills only to find out sometime later that they have been ripped off big time ????????????

Honesty and integrity ? Just where is it in 'pinkies' ?????

Why the hell can't you hack the training and go straight for Green

#20 21-04-06 15:38:23

marsbar
Verified Member

Thats what I am beginning to dislike about this forum.  There are some people who like to take every opportunity to post unhelpful, aggresive replys to innocent questions! 

Money doesn`t talk - it swears!
Bob Dylan

#21 21-04-06 15:56:51

Yicker
Verified Member

nice one,airmiles!!
Just how are you supposed to learn the skills you need to become an adi??
or do you suddenly become an expert when you get your green badge??
personally, ithink the pink should be part of the part 3 and used like course work

#22 21-04-06 16:09:25

Airmiles

Like it or not ???

How do you think the learners like it ???

I currently have a 19 year old lad who before February this year, had been with 3, repeat, 3 pinkies from a well known national 'factory' which produces pinkies... The lad, being 'your average learner' had spent nearly 2 years and a huge wadge of dosh with them, (as well as 4 tests which he never had a cat in hell's chance of passing) and never knew why his ''''instructors ''' ??? kept disappearing to try a different career - until he spoke to other pupils of mine. He is thoroughly p***** off with the 'factory' outfit, who never once told him what he was getting for his money. It is a national disgrace what is being allowed to happen, (although i know it is being abolished)

And to think that many, many, thousands of pinkies do the same thing to hundreds of thousands of learners every year..

Any sane person would see that it is a rip off, whether any pdi agrees or not.
.  :evil: :evil: :evil:

#23 21-04-06 16:37:04

Nat
Verified Member

I disagree Airmiles, I'm not sure I would have passed part 3 without the TL, I found that it built confidence and helped me with talk-throughs.

I believe that learners should be given the choice of TL holder or green badge holder, and possibly that TL holders should charge a little less (because who would go for the trainee at the same rate as fully qualified? A bit like hairdressers maybe?) They then know the score, and realise that there's a chance that the instructor may not qualify, but that is kind of off topic.

I'm glad I went on TL  big_smile

#24 21-04-06 17:02:26

marsbar
Verified Member

I would be interested to know how Airmiles did his training - when I passed my ADI in 1975 I had 1 week with B$m at their training centre in Putney, learning how to give a controls lesson and the basic terminology,ie - clutch down off gas, cover brake and clutch NOT clutch and brake, was given a certificate to say I was a B$M Approved Instructor and sent out on the road to teach!! The manager of my branch told me to tell anyone who asked that I had been teaching for 2 years. Now that is what I call a "rip off".  At that time I believe they were the only school who gave trainees any training whatsoever, other trainees just found a sponser and applied for a provisional licence to teach.  I suspect that many of the 'old school' started in the same way.  At least now pupils have the opportunity to find out if their instructor is a trainee and if they are they have had training, just not passed the part 3 yet!

Money doesn`t talk - it swears!
Bob Dylan

#25 21-04-06 18:38:10

Airmiles

I did my training and then took Part 1,2 and 3,displayed green badge in the window,looked for customers, found them, taught them to drive, and ............................ am still here today, years later, pulling in a sufficient number of new ones every year.

Board footer