zebb

31-03-06 10:49:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Advanced Driving - which is best

#27 31-03-06 20:52:55

luchell

I must just say to msdarcy, if only more people out on the roads had your attitude. Good luck with any advanced driving you decide to go for. In my area there used to be an Iam meeting once a month that i would attend at the wee age of 17 having just passed my Iam three months after passing the L test. It was one of the best things i ever did, i knew this was my path and i wanted to have pride in my driving from the start. I was very comfortable at the meetings and if anything people took me under their wing there where i was quite young which was really nice.

The Iam training kept me much safer than i believe i would have been and really did help me to drive far more safely AND deal with others behaving like looneys which is becoming more and more regular  roll I found the Iam test a very pleasent experience, you also do not the knowledge that if you do not pass you haven't actually lost anything as you can still drive independantly. There are options out here and i highly commend anyone that looks into it.

#28 31-03-06 21:04:14

luchell

Also Nigel just read your reply to me smile I 100 percent agree with what you say re. roadcraft and mspsl. My only concern is that for someone with years of habits, trying to take on both close together potentially could lead to a problem. Certainly not saying it would. My iam as you know stood me in a fantastic way to pass part two but then i had no bad habits 9 years later that needed getting rid of. I also remember mspsl VERY well from when i passed the L test 10 years ago. I reverted straight back to mspsl after the Iam as i have always preferred it. Not much difference no from mspsl but for those who really need to concentrate on implementing the sequence who have learnt roadcraft and mspsl they could get muddled with one from the other. I'm thinking more trying to remember what comes next and getting half a sequence and wrong parts of the other sequence sort of thing.

It may be unlikely but it was just my thoughts of what COULD happen smile I think i am imagining how i would have felt trying to swap from one another if i wasn't 100 percent with one sequence or both. I feel to pass your part two you must be 100 percent happy and comfortable and natural with your routine. If you are not it will show. I still don't think I'm being 100 percent clear but it's getting late so bare with me wink

Also i couldn't agree more with the cost!! Ten years ago i asked my Adi about the Iam, he said yep ill help you with that, it will be 5 pounds more an hour. I had lots more driving lessons. I then got hold of an observer only to find out i hadn't heard of roadcraft before and instead of paying xxx pounds i could have had help for free  roll

My Adi knew that AND he hadn't ever heard of roadcraft so that's why he wasn't teaching me it :oops: I ended up without my Adi and with the observer, i got on really well. It probably helped that she knew what she was going on about!

I know this is unrelated sort of BUT i have had several phonecalls about advanced driving. Turns out they wanted iam or Rospa. I could've pulled a fast one like my Adi and charged, not telling them about the help they could get OR i could be honest. I was honest and found them the number of a local observer lol they were very grateful! I explained if it was a Dia test i would take them no problems but they didn't want that so fair play.

Board footer