Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax-Buddies?!

#2 27-03-06 22:22:02

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Hi Janey...

I have been looking at all the accountants who advertise but I think I will have a bash at doing it all myself.

I bought a book on Amazon about book keeping for the small business so I will see how it goes.  If it ends up too much hassle I will think about one of these companies.

Does anyone else have experience of DIY ?

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#3 27-03-06 22:28:13

Karenadi

These companies seem to charge loads for you to do most of the work yourself.

I use an accountant, take all my bumpf (hours worked: income: expenditure; receipts; bank statments etc etc) to their offices in a plastic carrier bag, and low and behold: 3 - 4 months later out comes a printed bound proper set of accounts.

Costs around £300: wouldn't like to think how much they save me in tax: worth every penny and I wouldn't consider using one of these cheapy firms: looked at it: jokers.

Remember like everything else: you get what you pay for.

As for DIY: not a chance: too risky when the tax guys start investigating: my accountants will cover that too.  Friends of ours had to pay out thousands in tax because they were accused of hiding income: they couldn't produce receipts for things like washing machines and other household items, so it was assumed they'd paid cash from unaccounted takings: keep every single receipt and don't pay cash for anything big if you can help it.

#4 27-03-06 22:38:31

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Karen...

That's got me thinking now  :-

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 02-04-06 07:00:33

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I'd been doing my own accounts for years, I tried tax buddies for 1 year but it was more complicated than doing it myself.

However, most of my instructors use a local accountant who charges just£100 pa. Well satisfied they are!

Regards,

Board footer