You are not logged in.

#1 25-03-06 11:25:32

MrHappy

Passed my test yesterday

Hello all i have been reading this forum over the last week or so and decided to register after finally passing my practical test. big_smile smile

I failed twice back in the late 90's after spending a huge amount of money. This knocked my confidence and i lost all motivation and interest and basically thought that i was destined not to drive and i would be a walker for the rest of my life. sad

December just gone i suddenly got the idea of going for my license again and said my new years resolution for 2006 would be to finally get it! I am more fucussed now to be honest and make a better driver than i was/would have been back when i was a teenager. In them days i would wake up half an hour before my lessons, be tired, uptight and generally not listening to my commands from my instructor due to poor preperation.

This time was different, i was going to do everything different. I got my new photo provisional license in January. Passed my theory(35/35 - 45/75) in February and then finally passed my Practical test in March(yesterday). What an achievement, i feel so proud but the main thing was that it was ME who wanted my license. I wasn't doing it for anybody elses benefit like i did before and this kept me focussed and my concentration was kept fully.

I have been on an intensive course of 8 hours a day mon-thurs and passed the test friday. My instructor was through the LDC and he was excellent, could not have asked for a better one. The balance he shown between his driving ability and his ability to handle situations and deal with learners was terrific.

Even after 4 days training i thought i would not pass. I had been saying all the time i am going to fail again where as before i had been over-confident. On the day of the test everything my instructor told me came together and i passed with only 7 minor errors. Yes i got slightly nervous and my foot was shaking on my reversing manouvers but i found that helped me to stay slow and keep track of what is happening around me.

For anybody who is learning and has lost confidence i strongly recommend they stay with it as at times we all think we will never pass but eventually things click into place and away you go.

My other advice is to be fully prepared leading up to every lesson, take on board everything you are told from your instructor and make sure you do as much revision as you can.

Thanks for reading and i wish safe driving to everybody.

25-03-06 11:25:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed my test yesterday

#2 25-03-06 11:35:15

markA.d.I

Congratulations Mr Happy,

Freedom at last !, you cant beat the feeling when you pass your test !

Are you considering Pass Plus ....... ?

Its a great course to further your skills and give you total confidence on motorways etc.

Well done again, and stay safe !

Mark

#3 25-03-06 12:05:05

MrHappy

I am hoping to take the pass plus course, i am a confident person and don't think i will have any trouble with this. All the pressure and nerves i have ever had driving have been on test day. Now that big weight has been lifted from me i can get on with learning without fearing a dreaded test.

#4 25-03-06 12:12:18

luchell

Congratulations! lol Enjoy your freedom, have you got a car yet? lol

#5 25-03-06 12:21:13

MrHappy

Not yet. Didn't want to buy one before i passed as it would put extra pressure on me if i kept seeing it out on the drive-way. I am in no rush, it has took me so long to pass that an extra week or two isn't going to be a problem.

#6 25-03-06 15:08:51

msdarcy721

What a great post. congrats on passing - and for really giving it your all this year. great determination.

safe motoring  smile xxxx

good luck with pass plus,

any ideas for first new car?

#7 25-03-06 17:11:29

MrHappy

Haven't got much of a clue about cars to be honest. I just want something small and low on insurance for starters. Perhaps a Fiesta, it is a nice feeling looking at cars for sale online and in the papers etc knowing that i can actually go out and get one. But with that many to choose from it's not going to be easy but it's a lot more fun than taking the test so i am happy. smile

#8 25-03-06 17:21:05

jonks

Congratulations on passing, and welcome to the fourms.

#9 25-03-06 17:24:16

sue

Congratulations! you did so well to pass in such a short space of time. How did you find the the intensive course? I had thought of doing one of those myself but everyone I spoke to were a bit negative about it. Didn't you find it tiring driving all day long? I was exhausted after a 2 hour lesson, so I admire your endurance. Well done! smile

#10 25-03-06 17:29:57

MrHappy

It was gruelling and very frustrating at times. We stopped off regularly when my instructor could see me getting slightly stressed etc and it helped massively that we got on well and could spend time talking. It is hard work and i had a great day to start off and thought it would be a doddle. The next day i had some problems and thought i was going backwards. My instructor informed me that this sort of thing is natural and you go up, then down, then back up again sort of thing. I found i started to tire in the last hour or 2 of each day so used that to practice on my manouveres in a quiet area rather than having to deal with town traffic.

I am just glad it's all over and if anybody thinks a 1 week course is for them then they must be fully focussed and be prepared for the ups and downs and the frustration.

#11 25-03-06 17:53:14

Jularo

Congratulations on passing, my second test is in april so hopefully i will pass my instructor says iam a good driver and she says iam capable of passing.Julie

Board footer