You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-03-04 00:05:44

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

How Did You Find Your Driving School ?

Did you find your driving instructor; Online, Yellow pages, Friend , Or other ?

Regards

26-03-04 00:05:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How Did You Find Your Driving School ?

#2 26-03-04 12:10:09

Folk

For years I have had no desire to learn to drive but a few months ago through a series of events it came to the forefront of my mind.  Our family car sat in the drive for 3+ weeks as my husband recovered from surgery, I had to ask the neighbours to take me grocery shopping, the children had to ask for lifts to various places from their friends' parents and a couple of people I was on a course with encouraged me to learn to drive.

Also at this time in my life I felt I needed a new challenge as for the past 6 years I have been in a battle with the Local Education Authority over trying to get my son's special educational needs met.  After a 6 year battle, reams of paperwork and almost going to Tribunal twice, I won the case which now means he has a Statement of Special Educational Needs and has the guaranteed protection of his education. 

With everything as above, I started to think about learning to drive .... then one day when I was coming back from shopping with a neighbour I noticed a car in front of us displaying a website address.  When I got home I got onto the website to have a look.

It was such a well-presented site, with an excellent pass rate, lovely photographs of people who had passed, congratulation messages from the instructors and loads of really useful information and links to other relevant websites. 

It took courage to make the phone call but I'm so glad I did.  I regularly look at the website and watch with interest and admiration to see who   has passed their tests. 

I have said elsewhere on this site that my Instructor is wonderful! and I have no hesitation in recommending him! 

My husband and children are all thrilled that I'm learning to drive (although they never thought they'd see the day) and it's a wonderful feeling to drive down roads that I've only ever been driven down
before as a passenger.

Folk big_smile

#3 01-05-04 22:45:34

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

My girlfriend was with the instructor I went with, she wasnt having alot of luck with the instructor she was with and when she saw the roof sign of a female instructor she got the number and phoned to arrange a lesson, as my girlfriend is a few months older than me as I turned 17 I phoned and also arranged a lesson. Although it wasnt a recommendation from anyone with the exception of my girlfriend I would have no hesitation in recommending her to my friends, one of which has just recently passed with the same instructor.

Kevin.

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

#4 26-07-04 12:13:10

Anonymous

FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 08-08-04 10:39:51

deedeeboppa

lee wrote:

FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY

ANYONE KNOW A DECENT INSTRUCTOR IN LEICESTER AT A REASONABLE p big_smile rice

#6 09-08-04 22:04:14

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Folk,
hello folk, just read your comment not the bit about the learning to drive, but about LEA's.
We have gone to tribunal 4 times and still not succeded in the right education for our son, have been battling for 8 years, and stil going.
Hope this won't dissillusion you but don't sit on your lauels, you might still have to fight.
Russ

#7 16-08-04 16:42:26

Darren

I went with BSM,just by surfing the web, trying to look for driving schools with reputation tongue and their prices were quite reasonable

#8 29-08-04 10:25:27

bred2k4

friend

#9 22-09-04 16:00:30

Jannine

Anyone know any good female driving instructors in Luton?

#10 22-09-04 16:44:01

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Jannine,
Have you checked out  http://iseekhere.com/learn2driveforum/v … m.php?f=54,
you may find someone there  who can help you out.
Regards
VandADI.

#11 30-09-04 14:12:46

jerenus

anyone know any good and cheap driving instructor in Leeds? smile

Board footer