You are not logged in.

#1 23-03-06 16:47:19

bluefool

Buy or lease

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (apologies if it has) - what are the views regarding buying your training car or going for one of the "all-inclusive" lease arrangements?

Also any views on whether to go diesel or petrol (lpg not an option).

23-03-06 16:47:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Buy or lease

#2 26-03-06 20:17:23

1stdrive

I personally lease at the moment, advantages are you can have a new car every 7-12 months, tax-servicing and repairs taken care of, all rental fees can be off set against tax.  Main disadvantage is that you pay the money and have nothing really to show for it at the end.

I plan to buy when I am in a position to do so, I do not want finance so am waiting till I can buy a car outright. Guess the main disadvantage with buying is depreciation, but it's 100% profit so the extra income should cover this.

Guess it comes down to personnel choice really.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 26-03-06 21:09:41

pj
Verified Member

oohhhh don't forget to look at my car, still available big_smile big_smile big_smile

http://www.learners.me.uk/index.php/topic,8285.0.html

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#4 26-03-06 22:14:24

evan

I lease my car for the same reasons as 1st Drive, and deffo a diesel, wouldn't touch a petrol again. Well I would quite like the Z4's but I wouldn't teach in that. Ev

#5 26-03-06 22:31:46

bluefool

Thanks for the responses - I guess you are telling me what my head already knows, but I think like 1stdrive my heart wants me to buy

#6 26-03-06 22:42:40

evan

There really is no winning on this bluefool if you buy you have a car in 3 years time with 90-100000 miles on the clock worth not too much, but it's cost you less then leasing. If you lease you pay more and give the car back every 12 months, either way you don't really make money or lose any more money on the car. The choice is down to individual circumstances. Ev

Board footer