You are not logged in.

#1 21-03-06 10:47:43

New Girl
Verified Member

Fleet Training Trainer!

I'm quite interested at looking into becoming a fleet trainer, but have absolutely no idea what that involves and how to go about it.  Does anybody have any advice?

21-03-06 10:47:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fleet Training Trainer!

#2 21-03-06 12:00:38

KD88
Verified Member

Information about this is on the DSA web site.

#3 21-03-06 12:03:38

New Girl
Verified Member

I'll have a gander at that then!

#4 21-03-06 12:34:34

New Girl
Verified Member

ok - so I'm finding the DSA website a little confusing.

As I am already an ADI, do I need to undertake any further training or is it just a case of applying to be on the DSA fleet register? 

#5 21-03-06 19:54:35

ADI349
Verified Member

Yes you have either to take the three part tests, similar to the ones you have already done but relating to fleet training or pay about £1,000 to do one of the week long courses from one of the private companies who are acredited by the DSA.  Only people who have done the above and are already ADI can apply for the register.

Steve W wink

If you only do what you've always done, you will only achieve what you've always achieved

#6 21-03-06 20:10:26

Trumper
Verified Member

You will need to apply to the DSA to join the fleet register. They will send you the question bank of 365 questions. So do the theory test yourself. It's   100 questions. No HPT. Then it's the driving test. Slightly higher standard than Part 2. Again should be able to do this yourself or contact a local trainer. The part3 is a quick presention to the SE on road safety etc. Then the SE will role play a company car driver. So bit like a Part 3 ADI test.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#7 21-03-06 21:13:22

New Girl
Verified Member

Thanks for the replies wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 21-03-06 22:04:20

Madiggy
Verified Member

Hi New Girl I am a fleet tutor on one of the accredited courses if you would like to talk about this make contact and we can arrange time for a chat.

Regards Ian

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#9 21-03-06 22:08:02

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Trumpers reply is OK so far as going the DSA set up is concerned, but you will probably find that if you are to get subcontracted Fleet Work (Which is what the majority of Fleet registered ADIs do) from one of the Fleet Training providers, that you will still have to do a course with them to bring you up to speed with their own methods particularly with regards assessment and report writing.
It might be better to have trained with that organisation in the first place.
Of course if you intend going out and marketing your services to Fleet Operators yourself that doesn't apply.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 22-03-06 06:20:22

ExAdiNigel

Yes you have either to take the three part tests, similar to the ones you have already done but relating to fleet training or pay about £1,000 to do one of the week long courses from one of the private companies who are acredited by the DSA.  Only people who have done the above and are already ADI can apply for the register.

Steve W wink

Yes, if I remember correctly one of the courses I looked at was priced just over £1000 for 2 days I think!  Others are priced much more reasonably, Lancashire council run one of the courses and they were priced around the £600 mark.  The RoSPA Diploma is still one of the more highly thought of qualifications and is the most likely to be accepted by rival fleet companies.

Get the information pack from the DSA, this contains a list of all the accredited courses which you can then investigate further.

Good Luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer