You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-03-06 21:20:12

sammie06

just failed my test

jus had my 1st test a week ago and i failed, i was so annoyed at the examiner as i only got 2 minors aswell.. he failed me on something really stupid (well thats wot i think) and he even sed i dont need any more lessons  :?, i gotta wait til 26th april for my next test, so in the mean time im still payin for lessons cus i enjoy drivin so much, isnt it really stupid u gotta wait so long for another test!!!!

age.png

20-03-06 21:20:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: just failed my test

#2 20-03-06 21:26:25

posh
Verified Member

try for a cancelation  maybee you will get one sooner than that good luck for next time.  smile

#3 20-03-06 21:29:00

msdarcy721

aww sammie, even though you didn't pass this time (though you did really well! only two minors) did the examiner tell you where exactly you went wrong? where you picked up a serious fault?

i know the waitings a pain, but it's great that you're getting in some practise between now and your next test.

i'm sure you'll master it this time  wink

good luck xxxxx

#4 20-03-06 21:31:27

luchell

Welcome to the forum. What was it that you got the serious for if you dont mind telling us? Im sure will nail it next time.  lol

#5 20-03-06 21:31:35

DrivenMad
Website

sorry to hear that..and its not that long till 26th april, give you time to practice, if poss. Good luck! wink

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5972/iconexclaimhm6.gif[/img][/URL] www.sleepinggirls.co.uk - for girls AND boys!!

#6 20-03-06 21:45:47

sammie06

drivin thru country roads when he sed take the next right please so i slowed down indicated all the proper procedure checked about 3-4 times 2 c if anythin was comin ( was a blind corner ) nothin comin so i went but jus as i pulled off a bloke came speedin round the corner and had to swerve to miss me, he says i shud of seen him comin over the hedge but im not the tallest of people so i cudnt but other than that he says my drivin was near off perfect. other minors were wrong gear selection (corrected straight away) and hesitation

age.png

#7 20-03-06 22:05:20

posh
Verified Member

unfortunate incident but the examiner was probably right to mark it down as a serious because the other car had to swerve to avoid you but i'm sure you've learned from this incident and wont make the same mistake again im glad you are still carrying on with your lessons as you can never have too much practice before a test the more experience a  driver gets the better.

#8 20-03-06 22:23:15

sammie06

I have definately learned from it i always make sure i do that final check now. i hope wen i take my next test that it will be as good a drive as my first one (apart frm that situation obviously) guess it does help having a good instructor,  got to hand it to him tho hes been very patient with me some days  yikes

age.png

#9 20-03-06 22:39:55

pj
Verified Member

just a thought but do you open your window at all when you are driving, I always make my pupils opened their window just a tiny bit coz you might hear something coming before your see it, especially on a blind bend.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#10 20-03-06 22:45:41

posh
Verified Member

thats a great bit of advice pj  for sammie and me, thanks  8)

#11 20-03-06 22:50:34

luchell

Excellent tip P.j. I send my pupils off to test with the window their side down by about 2inches. Its fantastic for manoeuvres to. You will hear traffic approching so you can direct your attention to it as quickly as possible and deal with the vehincles appropriately.

#12 21-03-06 17:42:24

sue

So sorry you failed, its so annoying especially when you seemed to do all the right things, but at least now you will learn from it, and as you say do a final check. The fact that you only got 2 minor faults, is brilliant so you are clearly a excellent driver, don't let it get you down, go for it and try and get another test as soon as possible. The tip about having the window down is a good idea I wish I had thought of that one! GOOD LUCK!  smile

#13 21-03-06 18:20:50

Myboysmum

Good luck for the next 1. smile

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A, M.D or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a J.O.B.         
Fats Domino.

Passed theory 35/35 & 52/75
Test passed 3 minors!!!    I'm free

#14 21-03-06 20:03:15

irene1946

Shame you failed Sammie, it sounds like a similar situation to the one I failed on, someone speeding. I caused someone to slow down. You say you have your next test on 26th April, I have got mine on 28th.  So good luck for the next one, let's both do it and be able to come on the forum and say that we have passed. Good Luck,  Irene.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 21-03-06 20:53:06

msdarcy721

you have your next test on 26th April, I have got mine on 28th

good luck to both of you xxx  smile

#16 25-03-06 16:14:04

sammie06

hi, i had a lesson on thurs and mentioned 2 my instructor about puttin the window down so i can hear if anythin is comin the other way, he says its a good idea but not wen u r goin 30plus cus all u can hear is the wind (i tried it) anyways i had a 2 hour lesson and we went for miles, must of done about 50+ miles was well pleased with myself cus my instructor doesnt really point out any mistakes im doin all he does now is give me directions, he says its cus he trusts me not to make any silly mistakes which i didnt jus a really good drive. i enjoyed drivin from the start but now my instuctor isnt constantly pointin things out to me i enjoy it a hell of a lot more  smile  i used to stuggle to do parallel parking but i can do that now without him sayin wen 2 turn the wheel. smile

good luck 2 u irene for ur test hope u pass,

i hope im not as nervous this time i was feeling sick for a week b4 my test, once i was in the car the examiner calmed me down by chattin 2 me plus it helped we had a mutual acquaintence (my boss at work) i got 2 say tho he did miss one of my errors, but everyone says it wasnt an error maybe sum1 can shed sum light on it 4 me -
          was told to pull up on the left so i indicated and all that, he says thats the corner i want u 2 reverse in to, i says ok and indicates to pull out gets jus pass the corner and stops completely forgot 2 indicate back in, b4 i stopped i did check my mirrors and there was nothin about apart from a cyclist goin the opposite way on the other side of the road) was i wrong or was it not an error?? :?

age.png

#17 25-03-06 16:24:00

luchell

For moving off and stopping only signal IF there is someone to benefit. So if there was no one around to benefit and you didn't signal you did the correct thing. Good luck for your next test sounds like you are doing well smile

#18 25-03-06 16:29:34

sammie06

another thing i didnt get, was wen i was reversing in2 the corner (it was the best ive ever done - well controlled kept it slow got a thing about speedin up once round the corner) my instuctor has always taught me to go at least 4 of the whites back but he stopped me b4 i got 2 the 2nd one and sed ok carry on??

age.png

#19 25-03-06 17:43:22

luchell

im sorry, you say go for 4 of the whites back? You only did two? I dont understand. Do you mean car lengths? when the examiner has seen enough he will say thankyou more often than not. smile

#20 27-03-06 15:43:51

sammie06

sorry meant 2 put 4 of the white lines back(2 car lengths) but didnt even do that

age.png

#21 27-03-06 19:30:45

luchell

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as the examiner has seen what he needs to, you probably will be moved on smile

#22 28-03-06 18:39:22

sammie06

i guess you right, jus thought it was a little odd. probly was cus i did it pretty good and didnt think he needed 2 c anymore.

age.png

#23 31-03-06 19:39:49

sammie06

just had another lesson yesterday, well chuffed wiv myself cus was a brill lesson apart frm one junction, was goin up this road and my instructor says turn left at the end, gets to the top of the road and it all of sudden becomes REALLY steep and im thinkin that will b easy to drive out of, boy was i wrong!!! i stalled it cus i wasnt changin gear and puttin my foot back on the accelerator quick enuff, so my instuctor says right we gona do that again and wot do i do, i stall it AGAIN in the exact same spot, so this time my instructor says we gona carry on doin this til u get it right so me not wantin 2 do the same thing over and over again i managed it the 3rd time PHEW!!!

I am 99% sure im goin to pass my next test but IF i do manage to stuff it up my instuctor says i can book another test straight after at burton test centre instead of derby cus theres only a 1 week waitin list there and a 9 week list at derby (how crap), he says he feels my drivin is good enuff to go sumwhere i dont no and jus get on wiv it :-  didnt think i was that good but hey if he sayin that then i must be smile

age.png

#24 31-03-06 19:52:20

msdarcy721

hi sammie,

that sounds super! a good booster that your instructor has confidence in your driving to do the job, being at test standard so to speak  lol

sometimes i think when we think too much about a particular thing, and feel a little nervous about handling it, cos we might have made a mistake beforehand, we can sometimes prevent ourselves from doing what we know we can tackle. i made a similiar mistake on a lesson nearing test time 3 times, same mistake happened on another lesson - my sin was not seeing stop signs at junctions and proceeding without following the correct procedure  :oops: did it over and over again until i drilled it into myself where they were and tried to be a bit more observant at junctions. i'm sure with a bit more practise you'll nail this particular junction, if you try to worry a little less about it. i know it aint easy, but worth a shot.

it's great you're so positive regarding your test and driving in general.

good luck with it xxx  smile

#25 31-03-06 21:26:07

sammie06

I really do hope i nail this junction, even tho its not on any test route (too far away from test centre) cus i may have to drive along it one day wen ive past my test and how silly wud that look me stallin the car, probly not that silly but hey still wudnt want to do it,
Thats wot i like bout my current instuctor if i make a silly mistake then he makes me do wot i did wrong over and over again til i get it right, but my last instructor jus kept sayin we'll come bk 2 that later but never did.

i think the reason im so positive is cus i absolutely love driving, even tho i was advised by the examiner after my test that i dont really need anymore lessons but i have one every week cus i enjoy it and want to make sure i dont pick up any silly little habits.

jus like 2 say how friendly every1 is on here, been on another forum and read sum threads on there and there are sum pretty nasty comments by sum people to others that r jus askin advice how silly can it get.

Once again brill forum!! xxx

age.png

Board footer