You are not logged in.

#1 26-09-04 20:31:08

Troll

Best Check Test Subject

What lesson / skill did others teach on their last check test?

Is it better to teach a whole new skill ie. TITR or, pick on say, 2 weak areas (ie. you've covered them before but pupil still needs practice)  eg. they're wide when emerging left maybe coupled with improving use of mirrors?

A whole new topic? or fixing 2 or 3 items previously covered but still very weak?

Troll

26-09-04 20:31:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Best Check Test Subject

#2 26-09-04 20:56:00

Ozzie

DO NOT DO A REVERSE MANOEUVRE ! ! !

The examiners hate them !

I did crossing traffic, basically turning right at traffic lights and the examiner slated me saying that I should have taken her on dual carriageways, we nearly had  a scrap in the test centre car park, he was so rude and arrogant. Even though, he did thank me for not making him sit through "another !!!!!!!! manoeuvre".

I would suggest that you take a fairly inexperienced learner, that gives you plenty to work on, and the learning can be improved rapidly, which shows your teaching at work. Don't stage the lesson, just do your normal lesson, but choose an inexperienced pupil.

Just my opinion.

Oz

#3 26-09-04 21:25:22

DAVE-ADI

I did a skid control lesson.

#4 26-09-04 22:11:20

paul1

Perhaps we should ALL be doing hazard perception lessons on our check tests from now on as a way of proving what a complete load of "bollox" the HPT is.

I  did a lesson on right turns at cross roads on my last check test and got  a 5 for it. The examiner said I should have mentioned more about hazards in general driving.

Paul1.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 26-09-04 23:41:04

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I did cross roads on my last one, it will be a while before my next but i think i will cover motorways when it comes around.

#6 27-09-04 05:29:16

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I have just had my date through for mine, and when i phoned the training centre at LDC, they were surprised on how much notice i was given (nov 24th!)

I was told, NOT to do a reverse manouvre, but to pick my Best subject.  Also have a back up plan, in case things go wrong, or the pupil you have at time, might have already done, or not reached the subject you want to do!  Also pick a pupil that isnt too easy or will give you too many problems!

Problem is.. being so far away i hope that most of the pupils i have now, will not be with me by then, and have passed their tests, so that also makes it sort of awkward to plan!

#7 27-09-04 09:04:35

Kev
Verified Member
Website

You dont have to take a learner on a check test, it can be a full licence holder,Not another ADI .
You can always go with no pupil and the SE will do the check test as roll play. smile

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 27-09-04 22:37:51

paul1

Approved Instructor wrote:

I did cross roads on my last one, it will be a while before my next but i think i will cover motorways when it comes around.

I did motorways on my first check test and found it rather difficult as we didn't really get quite enough time to do all I wanted to cover. Unless you are very close to a motorway I wouldn't recommend them for check tests.

Speaking from personal experience, I think it is a bit of a myth that people say it is best to take along your most difficult pupil. I took the "best" pupil I had at the time - that is to say that she responded very well to my instruction and she was at a stage where she needed some help but not too much. In fact, come to think of it, I took along my best pupil my last two check tests and got a very good grade.

Paul1.

#9 28-09-04 07:40:30

Mike Geary

On my last(First) check test I chose to teach Moving off and Stopping, which also ment having left turns at Tee Jcts and left turns into minor rds.

The pupil at the time had a problem with her left leg...which would cause her leg to acke very eaily.

Knowing this, I was teaching her to set the Gas first(to prevent her leg acking) then Clutch down,into gearand then find the "Bite"

The SE asked if there was any problems that He should know about before the start. so, I told him about her injury to her leg.

At the end one of the things he said was "your teaching the Gas & Clutch the wrong way round" & I said  "but not for her, because of the indervidual problem.
He replied "&  thats one of the reasons why you've got a Grade 5, you changed what should be taught (ie CL down into Gear. set gas , Fined Bite) to save undue pressure on her leg.

I found that this Topic worked very well, plenty to Fix ect..

Well That my choise Hope this helps   Mike G......Bye4 nooOOOooww

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 28-09-04 21:31:18

ivorbro

Ozzie wrote:

DO NOT DO A REVERSE MANOEUVRE ! ! !

The examiners hate them !

Oz

I agree Ozzie,there is just one minor point. Reversing is part of the syllabus and therefore it shouldn't really matter, or does this yet again highlight inconsistency with dsa se's.

I did revpark on my last check test and got a 5.

#11 28-09-04 22:14:38

paul1

Inconsistency and the DSA go hand in hand with each other. You've only got to read some of the other posts relating to various driving test issues to see how the goalposts are always changing.

Paul1. :?

Board footer