You are not logged in.

#1 19-03-06 20:53:34

sw
Verified Member

Other ways of advertising on a Pink

I know that there are rules about not being able to advertise whilst on a trainee licence, but has anyone had any success at promoting themselves in other ways. I'm guessing that if your car is sat on the drive whilst you're not teaching you're not 'advertising' yourself, but if it just happened to be parked outside the local college at 3.30 in the afternoon when the youngsters are going home they may note your driving school'd phone number or approach you themselves. Has anyone got any good tips along these lines to help PDIs gain new pupils.

19-03-06 20:53:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Other ways of advertising on a Pink

#2 19-03-06 21:14:57

luchell

You gave yourself a good tip there. Why not have dinner outside the local 6th form and colleges lol

Its a catch 22 job though where you are still on a pink you can only advertise your firm. You're already doing what you need to to set yourseflf up foir the future. Alot of work will come from recommendations so that will sort itself out.

Best thing to do is perhaps put your energies into advertising you will do when green. Getting flyers done on the computer etc business cards. Just don't hand anything out until you're green.

Do you intend on setting up solo when you've passed part three? Does your franchise supply you with many pupils or do you actively need more work at the moment? If the latter is the case time to have a word with your fracnshie wink

#3 20-03-06 21:02:06

sw
Verified Member

Hi Luchell thanks for the advice, you're always so helpful.

I don't start until the 10th April so i'm thinking ahead a bit, I have this nightmare scenario in my head that I won't have anyone to teach! I know recommendations are a big way of getting more pupils I was just trying to think 'out of the box' (I think that's what they say!) to try and promote myself. I want to set up on my own eventually, probably looking maybe a year or so after I qualify and so that's the long term goal. Im using the pink to learn not earn but don't want to be sat at home waiting for the phone to ring all the time. The school said that they can put adverts of the actual school in things like the local paper (which I have to pay for I believe) to help get more pupils if needed. Fortunately their cars are quite distinctive and they have a big ad on the first couple of pages of Yellow Pages which fingers crossed helps.

#4 20-03-06 21:09:03

luchell

Thankyou lol Well you're doing well with your research. I always knew i wanted to be independent. I was told alot of times i was trying to run before i could walk when i said i was leaving(The centre staff and other instructors for that company). I thanked everyone for their honesty but i was still going to do it. I will never look back. This was the best decision i ever made and surprisingly not that scarey.

For your franchise fee that you i presume will be paying per week is the advertising price included in that?

Board footer