You are not logged in.

#1 17-03-06 15:04:14

JUEHANKIE

diamond driving test booked for may - just b4 part 2

anyone got any info on what im to expect - i'm not totally blonde but any hints an tips would be appreciated.

julie

17-03-06 15:04:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: diamond driving test booked for may - just b4 part 2

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-03-06 16:00:58

Andi

Havent you done any training for this particular test?

Surley your trainer is the person to help with this?

Out of curiousity, why have you chosen to do the Diamond Advanced Test?

Andi

1.gif

#3 17-03-06 20:27:22

Morgan
Verified Member

Julie,

Its a good idea to do this prior to your pt 2. I took mine 4 days before my pt 2.  I passed the Diamond with 5 minors. Whatever happens you will get some valuable experience without loosing a life.

My test was conducted by the DIA General Manager Eddie Barnaville's wife, so no pressure  big_smile. She was really nice and made the test seem like a day out with my instructor. Looking back she made both the right and left reverse manouevers really difficult, but at the time I did not think twice, just got on with it. My left reverse was into a road that dropped away like the edge of a cliffe..all I could see out the rear window was sky. The right was identical but uphill.

As the test is identical to the pt2 its a worthwhile experience and you end up with an Advanced Driver qualification when you pass.

The bad news is having passed my DIAmond, I then went on to fail my pt 2, first and second attempts. 1 serious and 4 minors, 1 serious and 5 minors respectively.
The good news is I passed 3rd attempt with 2 minors.

I took the DIAmond in my own car. I took 1st and 2nd attempt in my instructors car and my 3rd attempt in my own car....see any pattern !

Good luck and have fun, your pt 2 training is more than sufficient so nothing to worry about.

#4 17-03-06 22:42:30

luchell

The Diamond advanced test is the same as part two marked the same etc need no more than 6 faults to pass. If you are being trained for part two then over time you will learn what is required since as its just before your part two you will have covered everything by then.

Good luck with it. Its a good idea for A dry run if you will. That way hopefully an attempt doesnt get wasted. A few people use the Diamond advanced to check if they are up to the required standard at part two.

The DIAmond special test is higher as in you may only make 2 faults during the drive to pass. I would like to do this one as i got 2 faults on part two first go and im positive i would have had a clean sheet if i hadnt have been worrying about the behaviour of a bus driver minutes before  roll

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 18-03-06 00:08:44

bcsom
Verified Member
Website

The DIAmond special test is higher as in you may only make 2 faults during the drive to pass. I would like to do this one as i got 2 faults on part two first go and im positive i would have had a clean sheet if i hadnt have been worrying about the behaviour of a bus driver minutes before  roll

Remember that the 2 faults cannot be repeated, and it's a 90 minute test!  The standard is also higher.  But go for it!

Russ Green DSA ADI
BLUE CAR School of Motoring
Sheffield

ORDIT 1, 2 & 3 Approved 1-2-1 Pay-As-You-Go Driving Instructor Training

DIAmond Advanced Tests
DIAmond Special Tests

www.blue-car.co.uk (thanks Jonks!)

#6 18-03-06 00:19:15

luchell

Thankyou for that. I love driving SOOOO much i would love to take the test. Neither of those bother me, i mean doing the test for 90 minutes and that you cannot repeat the faults. Seriously, i was so annoyed with myself on my part two, after what happened with the bus (wasnt my fault and didnt get a mark for it) i was worrying i may have got marked down as the bus pulled out without warning (honestly) so his fault not mine i had already nearly gone past him and he was unloading a passenger when i started to go round.

Thinking about that i found myself on a dual thinking uh oh speed limit is what :? Doubt crept in so i began to raise speed to about 34 mph then immiediately thought better of it and got back down, i couldnt for love nor money remember seeing a sign so stuck with that knowledge. Turns out it was a 30. The other was someone coming around a mini roundabout no signal bad position looked like he was going off exit before. I was still approaching and when he made a last ditch attempt to go further round i had to brake slightly more harshly than normal. those were my faults.

I want to keep my skills as sharp as possible. I did the Iam test years ago but roadcraft doesnt seem to appeal to me anymore for whatever reason so im only really interested in the Dsa way of doing things with the way i drive. I am literally obsessed with driving! That may be why i spen so much time on here. neutral

#7 18-03-06 00:22:52

luchell

Do you know whether you have to go to a certain place for the DIAmond special? Or does it get done from where you teach? I think i shall look into it as i want to do it this year. the earlier the better really.

#8 18-03-06 11:46:07

JUEHANKIE

Andi,

yes ive done some training, cuz evrytime i drive and get a lesson i'm training. 8-)

my trainer has helped, he advised i took it - infact insisted.

i agreed no problem , for all the right reasons of making sure i was ready and not wasting a part 2 attempt.

i know all the regulations etc, i was hoping to here sumat different - and Morgan gave me exactly what i was hoping for - a scenario you dont read about in a book. so thanks for that, and thanks for all your replies.  wink

julie

#9 18-03-06 12:51:45

Andi

Good stuff then Jue,

You obviously have thought it all through and are getting really good advice from your trainer. Excellent!

Where are you taking the DIAmond advanced? Is there a long waiting list?? How much is it?

Thanks

Andi

1.gif

#10 18-03-06 14:11:00

Morgan
Verified Member

Andi,

The test costs around £40 (can't remember exact cost).

The examiner contacts you and aranges a time and date, they use one local to you, so its generally quite quick. I think I had to wait about 2 weeks.

#11 18-03-06 15:22:46

Andi

Thanks for that Morgan...

somethiing i may consider in the future when i look towards CPD...

Andi

1.gif

#12 18-03-06 17:31:04

luchell

You wont need the Diamond advanced Andi as you;ve passed part two. No offence meant here but i wouldnt do it as we've already done the same as that. If you want to do one, do what im after Andi, the DIAmond special. Taking the diamond advanced would be the same virtually as sitting part two again so little point if theres something more challenging we could do if you see what i mean.

#13 18-03-06 17:33:53

luchell

You could also of course head towards to direction of roadcraft advanced driving but i must say i really love the Dsa way of doing things having driven roadcraft for ten years. I shall stick DIA for now.

#14 19-03-06 02:14:43

Andi

Yes, thanks Luchell,

I think that i will head toward the DIAmond Special as you suggest, definitely follow the CPD coarse though.....once we achieve one goal, its important to have another i feel. wink

Good Advice, Thankyou.

Andi

1.gif

#15 19-03-06 15:43:36

JUEHANKIE

DIAMOND ADVANCED IS £45
DIAMOND SPECIAL IS £75

TAKEN LOCALLY - CREWE, NANTWICH, NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME.

HAVE TO APPLY THROUGH A FORM WITH WRITTEN CONSENT FROM YOUR ADI.

JULIE

#16 19-03-06 15:48:21

Andi

Jue,

I think you have your Caps lock stuck on again?

Andi

1.gif

#17 19-03-06 17:49:21

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi Andi,
Jue does have her caps lock on, and it looks as if she's shouting all the time wink it puts people off wink

Board footer