You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-03-06 14:29:37

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Never mind paying it... how do i get one?!!!

Mortgage that is.... neutral

I know, I know... banks and mortgage providers are no longer the scary peoples they used to be.... (yeah right-oh...) and I know I should just go and talk to one.... but  yikes scary or what?!!

Guess the thing that's bothering me, is that for the past couple of years i've had it 'relatively' easy - been lodging and paying board, now however, want to look at getting a place of our own.

Questions...

What 'evidence' do the mortgage providers want to see?
How many years accounts will they need to see?
In the first full year (last year) I just about broke even (wasn't doing THAT many hours...) is this going to go against me?

Can anyone help/advise?

14-03-06 14:29:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Never mind paying it... how do i get one?!!!

#2 14-03-06 15:31:31

Moominhater

Hello,

Probably your best bet is to make an appointment with an independent mortgage adviser rather than a bank.  Not sure about Self Cert mortgages anymore since the law has changed. 

I think they can work on your expected earnings as opposed to your actual earning, but I may be wrong.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#3 14-03-06 15:44:11

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for advice Liz. smile

#4 14-03-06 18:32:40

luchell

Ok this is not advice as such but i was as worried as you, i had mega gone over my overdraft and i have a 90000 grand mortgage. I was hiding from the bank but decided to be brave. I saw the bank manger and she was SOOO helpful i came out with a heavy weight lifeted off my shoulders.

My bank wants 3 years accounts if you're self employed but where they can see my accounts they would be prepared to go on what they can see should we decide to move which is good.

i also have used intelligent finace (IF) in the past and they were fab. They actually calculate your mortgage on how much you can afford per month instead of 3 and a half times your wages or whatever so this was good. I say shop around, talk to your normal bank manager first i think you will be pleasently surprised by their attitude smile

#5 14-03-06 19:00:45

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

Hi Luchell!

OK... have stopped hiding!  I spoke to my accountant as I remembered my sister asked him for advice when she and her hubby took out their last mortgage...

Result?

Got the name of a financial advisor bloke to ring tomorrow to find out where I stand and what I need to do.

Feel better for just doing that little bit!!!

Board footer