You are not logged in.

#1 06-09-04 03:21:05

Darren

Fabia, but what one?

Im looking to buy a Fabia (when i pass) but im not sure of what size i should go for. Ive noticed alot of the ADI's have the 1.9. I dont know. It has to be automatic, but....  :?

Any ideas? Also any ideas on a ruff price? Ive seen a Fabia, 1.4, 03 plate on autotrader for £5k. Just wondering if i can get it for anyless, (in concideration, cars advertised on autotrader are usually put up in price cos of the advertising costs)

Thanks

06-09-04 03:21:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fabia, but what one?

#2 06-09-04 11:40:48

Unplugged

A lot of the ADIs appear to have Diesils hence why they have the 1.9 models depends if you looking at petrol or diesil.

a 1.9 diesil will be about par with a 1.4 - 1.6 petrol.

#3 07-09-04 07:17:18

Liesa

Another thing to consider when deciding which engine size to go for is, the bigger the engine size the higher your insurance will be.

The best advise anyone can give you on this is, to start off with a small engine and once you've gained experience & built up some no claims, then look at going for a larger engine if you feel you need to.

Hope this helps!

#4 10-09-04 19:38:04

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mclaren

I teach in a Fabia 1.9 SDi Comfort, but as a new driver I would opt for a 1.4 petrol as it combines low group insurance and fuel economy with a reasonable performance.

An auto with a diesel engine would be as rare as hens teeth :cry: .

Don,t go for a base "Classic", aim for a "Comfort" or at the very least a "Classic" with the extras pack giving you remote locking and electric windows.

I have had mine for a year now and consider it to be one of the best cars I have ever owned big_smile , I am likely to change in January and it will almost certainly be another Fabia. Am also considering an Octavia TDi estate for family use.

All the best with the test

David

P.S. Can I assume you are called mclaren or do you have an interest in motor sports?

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 10-09-04 20:57:12

Darren

beonedge3 wrote:

P.S. Can I assume you are called mclaren or do you have an interest in motor sports?

hi, i absolouly love motorsports, and the mcalren cars, McLaren F1, and McLarenSLR. There unusual cars.

#6 11-09-04 05:30:23

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mclaren

As I am sure you can tell from my board name I am an F1(Jordan) fan (or nut!).

Well I hope Kimi does the business again this weekend (&D.C.), will have to record the qualifying as I am working sad . And hopefully my wee team will keep off the back row (maybe they would do better with a couple of yellow Skodas :cry: )

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 22-09-04 13:41:11

Darren

beonedge3 wrote:

aim for a "Comfort

Does the comfort have aircon, remote locking, etc..?

Also, what would you say is a good price for one of these? (dont want to get burnt)Also, is there any particular year i should go for (sometimes newer cars have extras and that)

#8 22-09-04 19:38:28

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mclaren

Comfort comes with remote c/locking and electric windows as standard  but aircon is extra (cost me £500 but worth it when "living" in the car, it also includes a coolable glove box and drinks holder)

Prices are holding high which is good for me  lol and bad for you :cry:

Best value ones at my local dealer are under one year old, low mileage "management" cars, but depends what you can afford, these ones are around £500/6000 depending on engine, mileage etc. ifyou can't run to that  you could do worse than choosing the older model Felicia for around £2500/3000.

Good luck

Board footer