You are not logged in.

#1 10-03-06 00:36:24

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Top Gear

Hi,

I was watching a repeat episode of Top Gear on the satellite today, one which I hadn't seen before.  It was the one where they road test 3 small cars. Namely, the Renault Modus, the Honda Jazz and the Peugeot 1006.
Rather than getting Jeremy, hamster & slow to do their usual battering them around a race circuit and slagging them to death, they brought on their mothers to do the tests.
It was quite refreshing and good entertainment.
It was even more interesting because the cars being tested were all prospective tuition cars

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

10-03-06 00:36:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Top Gear

#2 10-03-06 16:36:38

msdarcy721

Shame. missed it. would have liked to have seen it - looking at those types of cars at the mo...which car came out on tops? dont really like shape of 1006. modus seems a cute kinda car. not too mad on the jazz...tho think its gotta be more reliable than the other two  :?

The last episode i caught...geez must have been on weeks/months ago, was the one where clarkson and his side kick richard hammond were racing against each other to get to a destination (or there and back) one in a plane, one in bugatti veyron...interestin of bit of tv to watch, entertainin too.

i'm all confused thought top gear and its presenters moved from beeb to channel 5? and was called fifth gear? but it's back with the beeb now?

shall have to keep look out for it in tv guide  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 10-03-06 16:41:37

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I missed that one, sounds good  smile

They should have got Giz to test one  big_smile

#4 10-03-06 19:15:41

craigMarks
Verified Member

did you see the one with the mini on the sky slope? you always get a good laugh with Top Gear.

Part 1 = theory 100% / hp 57 (only just passed)
Part 2 = booked on 9th Aug 2006 (need the help of   
              an  Adi in Mill Hill)
Part 3 = get there very soon i hope
(trying to study hard for part 2 & 3)

#5 10-03-06 21:21:26

ExAdiNigel

Isn't it a Pug 1007 not a 1006?  Cos the James Bond film people have banned them from saying 1 double-o 7, they have to say 1 thousand and 7.  If peugeot hadn't backed down, I don't think the film bods would have won, I can't believe you can copyright commonly used phrases and double-o for two zeros together is one of the commonest of phrases.

Yes, I thought the 3 mums made a very good job of the test drives.  Anyone who missed it, keep watching, Top Gear is getting as bad as Time Team for being repeated.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 10-03-06 23:55:19

Moominhater

I love the hamster!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#7 11-03-06 19:08:42

craigMarks
Verified Member

The Hamster, is that the one who's had his teeth whitened? ;D

Part 1 = theory 100% / hp 57 (only just passed)
Part 2 = booked on 9th Aug 2006 (need the help of   
              an  Adi in Mill Hill)
Part 3 = get there very soon i hope
(trying to study hard for part 2 & 3)

#8 12-03-06 08:40:59

msdarcy721

Just had a look in me tv guide  big_smile

topgear - 'best of' is on tonight 9pm-10pm BBC 2

"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take a look back at highlights of the car series, including the fastest new models, the most desirable classics and the craziest stunts to test them all. Plus, the best - and worse - of Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"

ahh well, better later than never (if this is the last episode)   lol

#9 12-03-06 15:24:40

Moominhater

The hamster is just sooooo luurrrrrrvvvlllllllly.  I had a dream about him the other night - we worked together on top gear and we were secretly dating each other - of course he wasn't married with kids in my dream - just single and madly in love with me!!!! Who could resist my wonderful charms.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#10 12-03-06 23:05:06

bigears

Loved the Bugatti 8-)

Two things are Infinite:The Universe and Human Stupidity;and I'm not sure about the Universe.

#11 13-03-06 12:06:43

Blew
Verified Member

In the Uk with have some of the best designers and brains in the world

But you got to give it to the Italians, when it comes to designing cars they just have that flair and imagination to turn out beutifull cars smile

Very expensive though :cry:

Blew.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 13-03-06 12:20:22

DampDog
Verified Member

But you got to give it to the Italians, when it comes to designing cars they just have that flair and imagination to turn out beautiful cars smile

I assume you're not talking about Fiat, Alfa & Lanica....

1. Lancia. They did so well in this country they stopped importing, they were only importing rust anyway.

2. Fiat. Beautiful?? Fiat multipla, Boxy Panda.

3. Alfa. Has anyone ever seen one move? My boss at works only done 18k from new and it's on it's second engine.

Give me a big Jag, Aston, or Porsche any day of the week.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#13 13-03-06 12:23:51

Blew
Verified Member

just listen to the engine of a ferrari

What a soundtrack leave the cd's at home big_smile

Blew.

#14 13-03-06 12:40:51

DampDog
Verified Member

lol...you got a point there.

Couple of years back this chap in a Ferrari was trundling through a pedestrianised section people everywhere, then he just gave the throttle a big dab and it was like the parting of the waves....

If money were no object (we can all dream) I think I'd go for a Maclaren F1.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Board footer