#26 12-03-06 14:14:15

luchell

Re: PINK LICENCE

Thankyou for that information, interesting stuff lol

12-03-06 14:14:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 12-03-06 15:45:22

evan

What worries me is that there is a sudden influx of what I think of as 'touchy-feely' people into this profession, probably for the same reasons you highlighted. It takes more than a nice smile to be good at things.

I have mentioned this above. Could you be more specific regarding this description ''touchy feely'', as it suggests that there may be individuals entering the job for a sinister reason. If that be the case then that really is worrying (as the implications could be very far reaching). You must remember that Driving Instruction is conducted on a 1 - 1 basis in a small environment and should at all times be carried out to the highest possible professional standard, with due regard for each inidviduals personal space. At no time should personal contact be considered appropriate, although on occasions this can happen inadvertently. Ev

#28 12-03-06 15:52:40

luchell

Perhaps cooster is referring to touchy feeling people as in they bite too easily sort of thing?

#29 12-03-06 15:54:07

evan

Certainly hope so luchell, feel a lot happier if that be the case?

#30 12-03-06 16:21:30

Andi

Hi Evan

I dont actually think 'cooster' has access to the private section.....but his counterpart in crime does wink (another member) so that is were we may see the answer to this question. But i very much doubt that

I dont think we need look too deeply into his comments as they are probably meant to be tongue in cheek...and purely designed to provoke. Alot like another member that uses the forum..... wink wink

Andi

1.gif

#31 12-03-06 16:44:21

evan

Thanks Andi that's good enough for me. Ev

#32 12-03-06 18:16:29

markA.d.I

Why do people find it necessary to hide behind an alias ?

i for one find it pathetic.

Uncover the doughnuts now .... we should have a poll on it !

#33 12-03-06 18:32:02

Andi

Im not a big fan of people with more than one user name myself...but its difficult sometimes to pin these users down and actually prove anything.

You can very often see a pattern in the way some people post though.... wink

Like, i couldnt possibly hide, cos you'd all know me from a mile away because of my individual way of saying something...or even a constant spelling mistake, but it wouldnt take anyone long to cotton on would it? yikes

Andi

1.gif

#34 13-03-06 11:06:10

luchell

Likewise Andi i wouldn't do well hiding either!  roll People get to know your style of posting i think lol

#35 13-03-06 11:20:13

Andi

Yes, Im afraid that Luchell and Myself are easily spotted from a mile away  wink..
ofcoarse people normally run in the opposite direction..... big_smile big_smile big_smile

Oh No, its them again.....Runnnnnnn yikes

Andi

1.gif

#36 14-03-06 14:00:03

tom67
Verified Member

I did all my training with BSM and I went on a pinkie, it really helped me get to grips...but only after the training! My trainers and Manageress were absolutely adamant that I went on to a part time scheme, I had 4 hours a week! It was more than enough to start with! As I became more confident I started to increase my hours but stayed Part Time, I also had a 12 hour night shift job to deal with, I felt that after a couple of months I had reached a crossroads and needed to make a decision on whether to stay Part Time and work nights thus living in a permanent haze or go 'full-time', I chose the latter and kept my hours to as minimal as possible so I didn't lose sight of the ultimate goal (and didn't get used to wads of cash lol), I passed my Part 3 on my first attempt with a 5/6...would I have achieved that without the Pink? Maybe not....or maybe I would if I had swapped the lessons for training...that would have bankrupted me big style! So my thoughts are keep the Pink but make it 100% overseen by an ADI and charge the pupils less..an excellent analogy is...(I nicked it lol ) Airline pilots don't learn to fly airliners by flying real airliners, they use simulators.
   Also here in Peterborough there has been such an influx of ADIs and PDIs the older experiences ADIs are holding an emergency meeting as 'there is not enough work to go around', this is true, I myself have had to go part time as an ADI and get another job at the weekends, there were 107 instructors in Peterborough at the last count 3 weeks ago :microwave:

#37 14-03-06 22:02:39

evan

I have agreed to sponsor a PDI who has been training with BSM, and is unable to get a placement with them. She has a part time job in a call centre. We have already sorted out a structure to her working week where she will take out pupils and have sessions to work on her part 3 study with help from yours truly. My partner Mark and I will share the training between us, as he is a very committed and competent ADI. I will get her to join the forum and she can keep you posted as to how her progress is going. Ev

#38 15-03-06 21:46:53

confused
Verified Member
Website

Ev, has there been that many taking up training since the demise of Sony, Pendragon, Christies and the sweet factory? My brother used to work in Sony but took redundancy years ago, now in Ford. His wife was in Pendragon, now at the hospital. The job prospects were crap when I lived there, they must be dire now. Tha was one of the reasons I moved away.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#39 15-03-06 21:56:23

evan

Well The Instructor College moved from Cardiff to the Trading Estate in Bridgend, (just by Pied Piper) middle of last year, which coincided with the redundancys in Sony's. A lot of the people who had their pay outs have enrolled at the College, I think some with BSM. Certainly since the College has been in the area, there is a noticeable increase in instructors. You are obviously aware that Pendragon shut down, Autumn last year, so there are a fair number of people looking for employment. I think at the moment The Health Service and Fords are just about the biggest employers in the area. Interesting thing is the new Car Showrooms popping up all over, Mercedes have just built a big place in Pencoed and their are a number of other Independent Showrooms, which would suggest there must be money around, but I don't know where they are earning it. Ev

#40 15-03-06 22:16:39

confused
Verified Member
Website

I know the sweet factory got bought by wrigglies and close it almost straight away. Production staff were given £2500 for every year they worked there (my friend Ray has been there 10 years!) Managers £5000 for every year. Not a bad pay off. But mangment and maintenance HAD to go to the US to set the lines up over there.
My brother had bee in sony for 16 yrs when he went, the sister-in-law was at Pendragon for, about 20 yrs! Since leaving school. A lot of change down there.
It must be fairly hard with so many ADIs now and the pups being far apart. Do you teach anyone from the georgous, ray of light that is Blaengarw?

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#41 15-03-06 22:21:29

evan

As it happens I have a pupil up there (did have 2 but his stepson passed in January) he's lives in Nanthir Street, (don't know if you know it Confused) also got a couple in Pontycymmer, the village desiged for teaching Meeting Traffic situations. I had one recently from Ynysawdre as well, hope I'm not making you homesick. Ev

#42 15-03-06 22:31:07

confused
Verified Member
Website

Nanthir ROAD ev, not street. Not far from mam & dad (dodgy corner opposite the flats, up the hill).
I know what you mean about Pontycymmer, patience required! How are you on clutch control? School Terrace! Whay  :evil:

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#43 16-03-06 08:22:03

evan

That's the one, and yes some good little spots around there for testing the clutch control out. Ev

Board footer