You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-03-06 13:01:31

corsa
Verified Member
Website

question re : zebra crossings

hi i was asked this question and thought i would share it with you all ,we all know that zebra crossings are made up of white and black stripes,but what colour is nearest the kerb and why ?

if in doubt don t pull out
www.cartuition.co.uk

06-03-06 13:01:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: question re : zebra crossings

#2 06-03-06 13:10:01

Morgan
Verified Member

Not being able to see one at the moment, so going from memory....

White

Because they use reflective paint, which makes if more visiable at night....

or is it Black, because a Zebra has a black nose  big_smile

#3 06-03-06 14:09:51

markA.d.I

nice one .....

We have got trendy new ones in are town, the white bits on the black and white Belicia poles have flashing lights in them, is that standard everywhere yet ?

#4 06-03-06 15:44:30

New Girl
Verified Member

Haven't got those in Somerset yet!  Sound very swish!

#5 07-03-06 08:41:22

Morgan
Verified Member

Ok Corsa that bugged me, so had to find out.

Its Black both ends. Reason is these are variable without showing, so the white painted bits are kept at a standard size.

Personally I do not think the Highways agency are that cleaver, so revent back to my theory its because a Zebra has a black nose and the tip of their tail is also black.

#6 08-03-06 14:18:14

pj
Verified Member

we have the zebra the light lights going up the poles, call them stargates round here, also we have the beacon with hats on, so the householders near them don't have to put up with the flashing lights in their bedrooms  roll

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#7 08-03-06 14:25:36

markA.d.I

You had to go one better didn't you !!!!!

I am picturing the belishas wearing flat caps !!!

#8 08-03-06 20:54:30

corsa
Verified Member
Website

the answer to the ? is the first colour is black ,so that partially sighted peoples white sticks stand out on the black.

if in doubt don t pull out
www.cartuition.co.uk

Board footer