You are not logged in.

#1 08-03-06 13:53:55

ldcstu

hi everyone

Hi guys, my name is stu, been lookin at this site for a while now and thought it was about time i stopped spying and said hello, i live in trowbridge in wiltshire and im training with ldc, second attempt at part 3 in 20 days, first attempt was an experience which i dont think i will ever forget.

08-03-06 13:53:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hi everyone

#2 08-03-06 13:55:32

New Girl
Verified Member

Hi Stu

Welcome to the forum!  If you have any questions just ask away.

Good Luck with attempt number 2!

#3 08-03-06 13:58:47

ldcstu

Hi there new girl, perhaps I should be new boy, so where abouts on your training are you?, or are you already ADI?

#4 08-03-06 14:03:58

New Girl
Verified Member

I qualified at the end of last year so am still quite new to it (hence the name!)

There are lots of experienced ADI's on here who will be able to answer almost any question you have.....and a few that I may be able to help with on a good day!

#5 08-03-06 14:14:07

ldcstu

Thanks for that, so your one of the lucky ones already qualified, my first attempt at part 3 was PST 4, started well, got to training area and gave brief, the nightmare started when the I realised I had to teach a left reverse opposite a primary school at 3.10pm, also the road we backing into had roadworks including a jcb, so you can guess that 5 mins into it the kids were coming out, parents in cars all over the place and the road works on top, there was so much to look out for I missed him turning the wheel that extra little bit to change our direction, I thought it was goingbthat bad I kinda gave up cause I thought i'd failed, in the end I got a 3/3 which is much better than I expected, i was told I could appeal because of the situation I was put in but just thought i'd take it on the chin and try again, but once I pass I know I will never put a learner in that situation, pause take a breath, feel better now ive got that off my chest. Have you heard from anyone else that has had a similar experience?

#6 08-03-06 14:56:14

New Girl
Verified Member

That does seem a little unfair as like you say, you'd never get a pupil to do a manouevre like that in real life, and you aren't in control of the route on your Pt 3.  Did you ask the SE about the location on the day?

I always stay well clear of the schools at kicking out time....learnt that pretty quickly when I took a beginner to a nursery route by a school at the wrong time....wont be doing that again!  See even when you qualify you are still continually learning!!!

Still whats done is done, I would just knuckle down and concentrate on passing next time.

#7 08-03-06 15:06:21

ldcstu

Thats what im gonna do just leave it in the past where it belongs but i learnt from it, i didnt say anything while on the test as it was my first go and thought he must know what hes doing, my next one is on a tuesday at 1pm which is a good time in bristol where the test is, if something similar was to happen on my next attempt i would say something but i dont think i could be that unlucky.

Ive still got nearly 3 weeks til my next try and ive done most things 20 times, any suggestions what i can do day to day until test time, how much time did you spend daily or weekly revising etc on part 3?

#8 08-03-06 15:39:39

New Girl
Verified Member

Are you having any lessons with your trainer?  I found that helped between tests, even if just a couple to keep it all fresh.

I also took my sister out and she roll-played the pupil for me.  Was a great excuse to tell her off for all her bad habits!!

Was actually quite a good excersise with the mans because although shes a competant driver, you dont actually do the mans accurately very often in real life so it was quite like teaching a novice.  The main thing that I realised is that if I got her to really listen and really do everything exactly as I said, she couldn't go wrong.  Not quite the same with a real learner as they are often still learning to control the car, but certainly put me in good stead for Part III.

The bit that I found the most frustrating was the more on the move PST's.  I used to get caught up trying to talk through the last error and miss the next and before I knew it, the whole thing had escalated.  What I should have been doing is pulling them over to talk and really taking control of the situation.  I do think it was mainly because you know your tutor or SE can drive, but when you are with a real pupil and there is a real danger, you soon take control beleive me!!

Anyway - Good Luck, hope my advice is a little helpful!

#9 08-03-06 19:03:16

posh
Verified Member

hi idcsdu welcome and maybe you could let us know all about your first hand experience of  your first attempt at part three as it could be useful to others here and good luck on your second attempt in 20 days time!(but whose counting) lol

#10 09-03-06 11:56:23

ldcstu

Thanks for the advice New Girl, i was thinking of taking my dad out as he has a full bike licence but not car yet, and like you said with your sister i think it will be good to be able to give him a few orders to make up for all mine over the years, ive tried with my partner but she doesn't like hearing she's doing anything wrong as like most people she thinks she's the best driver on the road (not the case).

I'm still seing my tutor every two weeks to keep as sharp as possible, i have to give him a pat on the back as he is a living legend, hes so good at his job its unreal and we really have a good laugh aswell which makes it easier.

19 days to go!!

#11 09-03-06 14:17:56

luchell

Nice to see youve joined theres tons of advice on here. Im from salisbury area so not too far from you lol Good luck with part three. Are you enjoying the whole experience at the mo? I take it youre heading straight for green and havent gone the pink route? lol

Board footer