You are not logged in.

#1 16-09-04 04:48:03

G GEE

Which PST

Hi all, i'v got part 3 comming up very shortly and was wondering if there was a PST which came up more than others or any that hardly ever get used for the test. Is it just random i.e can the SE choose any one they want everytime or do they have guidelines to make sure each of the PST's get used and not just a select few?  Which PST did you guys get?   

Cheers
Gary wink

16-09-04 04:48:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Which PST

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-09-04 05:41:48

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

The PSTs are done on an order basis, so that they don t cover 1 more than others. i think the pad that they would use is already printed out for them so that they just use the one that comes next!
This means that if you took 3 attempts you could potentially get the same PST 3 times, or 3 different ones!

ON my part3's i had.....
Crossroads & ped crossings, and use of signals     3/3
Emergency stop, and mirrors & positioning, progress and hesitancy.    3/4
Turn in road & approach jcts to turn left / right      4/4

i actually thought my 3 rd attempt was worst, and thought i had failed, whereas i thought my 2nd attempt was excellent and that i had passed.  i think it must be down to SE on the day!

#3 16-09-04 08:16:30

DSE
Verified Member
Website

ADI 1, the guidance notes for SEs, states the following in respect of the selection of test exercises.

"With the exception of re-tests they should be used consecutively in rotation. This allows for the various exercises to be used to the best advantage and also ensures a properly balanced test. In the case of re-tests examiners should where possible use a different PST to those used on previous tests."

I would warn PDIs though not to take the last statement as meaning you will not get the same PST on a re-test. Although this should be avoided where possible it does still happen occasionally.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

Board footer