You are not logged in.

#1 06-03-06 13:49:04

CasperUK

I passed!!!

Had my test today at 10:44, felt no nerves or anything during my lesson prior to the test. It was my third test. The test itself was pretty good too, a nice 'easy' route, little traffic about. I got a left reverse and a turn in the road as well as an emergency stop. I got 4 minors (observation, changing lane, mirror check and moving off). Well chuffed now. If anyone needs a tip for their test I suggest taking 2 cod liver tablets the night before the test and one in the morning too. Also have a good breakfast (I had Oatmeal) plus a banana (good brain food) and some orange juice. It really calmed me down and worked wonders for my concentration. If anyone wants any advice, just PM me and I'd be more than willing to help!

Good luck all,

Casper

06-03-06 13:49:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I passed!!!

#2 06-03-06 13:50:50

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Casper, may I be the first to congratulate you.  Well done.
Now, this is when the real learning begins. big_smile
Be happy, Be safe.
Regards
VandADI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 06-03-06 13:51:10

la.monikita
Verified Member

well done Casper, what an excellent result and advice wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#4 06-03-06 14:04:30

CasperUK

Thanks guys. The most important part of the test is calming your nerves down. I thought I  had failed when changing lanes but I looked back and there was no traffic about so I knew it wouldn't be a major. I then calmed down ever more and drove excellently.

Another tip: Driving at the 11-1 'o clock position (rather than the 10-2 'o clock one) also aids concentrations and makes you feel like a better driver and more professional. Give it a go, it really does work!

#5 06-03-06 17:50:02

evan

Well done Casper great result, I echo what the girls say above re: safety etc. Nice to see you are prepared to help others going for test as well. Nice attitude, keep it up. Well done. Ev

#6 06-03-06 17:51:44

Jularo

Hello Casper, Well done passing your test.  i have my test in april, my instructor says iam a good driver its just my manouvres,anyway well done on passing. Julie  big_smile

I WILL PASS MY TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

#7 06-03-06 18:14:45

suzy

Hi would you mind telling me how many lessons you had?  Did you feel ready or did your instructor tell you?  Sorry for all the questions, just want to get where you are!

#8 06-03-06 18:53:38

CasperUK

I had around 34 lessons in total, supplemented with private practise (only on maneovures though). Lessons were with BSM too, so you can imagine how much I forked out!
I felt ready for this test, I was in a good mood all day, my maneovures were spot on prior to the test. I'd had a good breakfast and the cod liver tablets really helped too. I just felt good, wasn't nervous at all. The key is just combatting your nerves really, that is the major obstacle. After that everything is uplifting!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 06-03-06 18:57:42

evan

I felt ready for this test, I was in a good mood all day, my maneovures were spot on prior to the test.

Which is why you passed Casper you knew and your instructor knew when you are ready. That is how the partnership should work.

#10 06-03-06 19:26:06

luchell

WELL DONE!! I agree that if you can keep your nerves under control that really can be half the battle!! Im so chuffed for you, enjoy and be safe lol

#11 07-03-06 13:50:58

Andi

Well done casper!

Freedom at last...and all that hard work and practise really paid off....

Enjoy, and be safe

Andi

1.gif

#12 07-03-06 20:02:38

lambo

Well done casper, I'm so chuffed for you

Irene

#13 11-03-06 14:50:58

DrivenMad
Website

Many congrats..great result! smile

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5972/iconexclaimhm6.gif[/img][/URL] www.sleepinggirls.co.uk - for girls AND boys!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 15-03-06 23:02:20

msdarcy721

Cheers guys. Still haven't bought a new car yet though. I'm afraid I might forget how to drive  ;D

lol thought driving was a tad like learning how to ride a bike....once you've sussed it, it's always with you? least you can have a refresher lesson in a car with adi...if you feel you could do with bit more prac. I'm hoping to do that soon.

aint rode a bike in years.....no professional there to help me out with my balance tongue  lol

#15 15-03-06 23:38:00

sweet pea

Congratulations on passing! smile

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again !!

Board footer