You are not logged in.

#1 14-09-04 13:12:55

storm

Help?

Hello, everyone!

I have just decided (after dragging it for way too long) that I shall stop living if I don't drive. And so, here I am completely clueless..
I have applied for my provisional as it is the essential to be able do anything else, and have been studying for my theory but I was told that the theory books become out dated? The one I am reading is suppossed to have "expired" this july... How can that be? Do I really need to get another one? And how do I go about booking the theory test?

Many thanks

14-09-04 13:12:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Help?

#2 14-09-04 15:56:53

Liesa

The book you have will be perfectly ok, as long as you read it along with the Highway code, another good reference book is called "Driving the essential skills" and published by the stationary office.

The reason the book states that it expired is, that they add new questions to the question bank roughly every 12 months, & at the same time they may even remove certain ones from the bank as well, so basically what it's saying is you don't have the most upto date version.

In my oppinion it'd be a waste of money to go and buy the latest edition just use the one you have.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 14-09-04 16:02:34

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

You have made a good start.

The theory test can be booked on line at www.dsa.gov.uk

The DSA do add and remove questions from the set used in the tests at irregular intervals. The questions are based on information in the books: "The highway code", "Driving, the essentials skills", and 'Know your traffic signs"; you should try to obtain and read these books if possible.

Any theory test preparation books that are less than 3 years old would be suitable. Admittedly they may not contain the very latest question bank but they will still help you prepare for the test.

Don't forget, the books that contain questions only, are testing your knowledge. You need to read the highway code and other relevant books to gain that knowledge.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#4 15-09-04 11:42:47

storm

Thanks!
I'm looking forward to driving but my confidence is really not there... I'm gonna sound really dim, but it just looks so complicated.... And, having grown up in Portugal (Sintra) I think that people in London drive way too agressively. Anyway... we'll see.

#5 15-09-04 12:29:52

Liesa

Your welcome big_smile

Let us know how you get on, honestly it's nothing to worry about just try and enjoy your lessons wink

Board footer