You are not logged in.

#1 03-03-06 20:10:57

luchell

Everything Squeaks!!!!!! Help

At slow speeds and at faster speeds all the controls squeak well mainly the steering wheel during turn in the roads or pulling away not just turning it normally only slow speeds, the brake squeaks clutch now squeaks it all sounds as though it needs a good oiling? Is there anything a mechanic can do and is there anything wrong? Is it over use or something.

Seems to be 100 times louder and more obvious since the shunt i was in.

03-03-06 20:10:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Everything Squeaks!!!!!! Help

#2 03-03-06 20:34:11

Badger

It might be something to do with the shunt although unlikely I would have thought. BUT see below

By brakes and clutch I assume that you mean the pedals.

I had a clutch pedal that creaked and it was one of the  bolts on the backing plate that attaches the whole pedal /steering assembly to the bulkhead that neaded another tweaK.

As it is the steering and pedals that are squeaking/creaking I would suspect that the assembly has maybe worked a little loose possibly because of the shunt but maybe just naturally as everything beds in on a new car.

If you were nearby I would come over and look at it for you but failing that maybe a decent mechanic could have a listen to it.

Not sure where you are based

badger

#3 03-03-06 21:30:06

luchell

Nr stonehenge Badger. Thanks for the help, the car is 3 years old nearly 4 so i presumed maybe the wear and tear its suffered is creeping in?

Is it dodgy or will it last. It might be worth me popping into the local mechanic to check it over. Yes its the actual pedals squeaking

#4 03-03-06 21:54:33

Badger

I note from your avatar that you have a renault.

Dont be surprised if it suddenly stops squeaking.

It probably isnt serious and just needs a quick squirt of WD 40 or a tweak or two with a spanner.

If you are worried about  it though get a professional opinion as it is your tuition car.  If you take it to a workshop they will record it is a job and you can ask for the written result.

Badger

#5 03-03-06 22:00:47

luchell

Thankyou, i will pop into the local mechanic and see what he can do.

#6 03-03-06 22:31:35

Mmm

Personally Id avoid WD40 as it tends to evaporate and the problem recurrs, but Im sure your mechanic will sort it. The squeaking of the steering on TIR and moving off could be the PAS belt, is it coming from under the bonnet?

#7 03-03-06 23:34:37

Badger

""....WD40 as it tends to evaporate ....""

The propellant evaporates but it leaves behind a protective film which lubricates and waterproofs moving parts.

Howvere trying to find the joints etc that need easing under the dash in the footwell is difficult and not a job for the delicate fingers of a lady.

badger

#8 04-03-06 12:23:50

luchell

Yes i have delicate fingers Badger, you're quite right smile. The noise is coming from inside so the actual steering wheel is noisy as are the pedals in the footwell nothing from under the bonnet,

#9 04-03-06 22:35:00

LeanneADI
Verified Member

My pedals were squeaking.  I found it was to do with the dual controls.  They are always difficult to get an exact fit and sometimes they rub and squeak.  My mechanic put some sort of vaseline stuff on the duals behind the pedals.  Its been good for months.

Could be a suggestion??

Leanne

Board footer