You are not logged in.

#1 12-09-04 19:50:14

Zeb

Local radio in a tunnel?

Just running through a driving tuition program on my PC and one of the questions was:

Before entering a tunnel it is good advice to...
A: put on your sunglasses
B: chcek tyre pressure
C: change to a lower gear
D: tune your radio to a local channel

After three attempts it turned out to be D.  Can anyone tell me why please?

12-09-04 19:50:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Local radio in a tunnel?

#2 12-09-04 20:37:26

Darren

There could be a RTA in the tunnel and so that you will know if your going to get stuck??If anything, it would be get ready to switch on your headlights

#3 12-09-04 23:40:20

Zeb

Switching on the headlights did enter my head straight away when I saw the question!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 13-09-04 02:00:51

Unplugged

Zeb wrote:

Just running through a driving tuition program on my PC and one of the questions was:

Before entering a tunnel it is good advice to...
A: put on your sunglasses
B: chcek tyre pressure
C: change to a lower gear
D: tune your radio to a local channel

After three attempts it turned out to be D.  Can anyone tell me why please?

Well in my experiance of Theory Tests it doesent matter how stupid the question is the lofical answer is suaully the right one.

A..... Hmmm Tunnel Dark........ Why make it darker? its like putting sunglasses on at night.
B..... Get out in the tunnel and check the pressure.... I think not
C..... Tougth one maybe to keep the speed down but you wouldent need to change gear to do this.
d..... Maybe Traffic Reports.... traffic jam inside the tunnel (Dartford lol) you may want to be pre-warned before charging in smile not that you would get receptipon but prob the most logical.

Its a toss up between c and D rearlly.

#5 13-09-04 19:40:19

arwen
Website

Some tunnels and bridges will have advance warning of lacal radio stations and their frequencies. This is so that you can get advice on delays and possible detours. The Mersey tunnels also have local radio reception through the them.
Switching your lights on to side lights will help to see your speedo.
The use of headlights in tunnels is sometimes banned, this would cause unnesersary glare from the tunnel walls.
Hope this gives a little more insight. :twisted:

Board footer