You are not logged in.

#1 07-03-04 18:54:11

pnunn

Non clean Licence

I am thinking about taking up training to become an ADI I have no points but I do have a dring driving conviction from five years ago. Would this prevent me from getting registered?

07-03-04 18:54:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Non clean Licence

#2 08-03-04 01:30:29

Liesa

pnunn

Welcome on board.

I don't think I'm the best person to answer this one, and I'm sure someone else will be able to give you an acurate answer, but here goes anyway.

When you apply to become an ADI they do check to see if you're a fit and proper person i.e. no convictions etc. So I think the drink drive charge will go against you.

Can someone else please advise on this one?

#3 08-03-04 09:18:40

DAVE-ADI

I think DSA only consider offences up to 4 years previous.  But the best way to find out is to call the pdi section of DSA on

0115 901 2629

p.s.  1.30am - jeez Liesa,  don't you have a bed? lol  lol

#4 08-03-04 09:59:58

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi All

You must have Held a full non restricted  licence for 3.5 years prior to applying for entry on to the register .This Doesn't include any time prior or including the ban.  smile

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 08-03-04 12:57:43

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Hi

You must have held a full UK or European union unrestricted licence for at least four out of the past six years prior to entering the register, but a foreighn driving licence, an automatic car driving licence or a provisional licence held after passing the driving test, all count towards the four years.

You must not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to being entered on the register.

You must be a fit and proper person to have your name entered on the register. All convictions, including motoring offences, still in force (ie not spent under the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974) will be taken into account when assessing your suitability to be entered onto the regsiter.

So, In short, you are not excluded from the register but your application would need to be looked at with regard the above criteria.  Your best course of action would be to contact the DSA for their opinion.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

#6 08-03-04 13:05:38

Liesa

Thanks DSE

Your imput is invaluable! big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 03-04-04 22:39:19

ordit pete

pnunn wrote:

I am thinking about taking up training to become an ADI I have no points but I do have a dring driving conviction from five years ago. Would this prevent me from getting registered?

As long as you have had four clear years since your ban finished you will be OK. Remember to approach an ORDIT approved Company only when you do decide to train. Check the ORDIT website for trainers in your area.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 05-05-04 16:04:23

jcd

pnunn wrote:

pnunn

Like some users of this excellent Forum, I'm just today, thinking about becoming a Driving Instructor.

But I think I can answer your question, since I had to check things out when applying to do a PGCE (teacher training) 2 years ago.

Essentially you need (having taken all the advice about the 3.5/4 years) to check out your situation regarding 'spent convictions'. Try the following

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/rehabact.htm

Good luck

jcd

Board footer