You are not logged in.

#1 27-02-06 22:08:31

baggie13
Website

Check Tests..

Passed my part 3 last Thursday, sure the examiner told me my first Check Test will be in 6 months, is that the norm?? How does the marking work for check tests??
Regards
Baggie13 ADI.

27-02-06 22:08:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Tests..

#2 27-02-06 22:21:45

evan

Don't worry Baggie that is normal procedure, (well done passing, bet your glad that's out of the way). First Check test is an educational. Select a pupil teach lesson as normal and SE sits in back and marks what he sees and hears. Bit like part 3 but more relaxed. Marking is the same as part 3 in as much as he marks Planning, control, fault id, remedial action etc.

#3 27-02-06 22:25:40

baggie13
Website

Thanks for the info evan, what do you mean by educational?

#4 27-02-06 22:30:24

1stdrive

I was told that, didn't get my 1st one for 2 years, also, my mate qualified the day after me with a lower grade and is nearly on 3 years. Don't worry about it now, just maintain the high standards you've been taught and you'll be fine.

#5 27-02-06 22:50:54

evan

The advice from 1st drive just about sums it up, keep the standards up and you'll be fine. Educational means that it's supposed in theory to allow you to mee the SE and see how the check test runs. Also gives you the chance to ask questions of SE afterwards. Although its and educational you can be graded. I have a few friends that went 18 months before there first C Test as well, so I think it's a case of when they can do them.

#6 28-02-06 11:13:39

luchell

I had mine after four months of passing part three first time with a 5/4 so i wouldnt count your chickens wink As sais above keep your standards high don't let slip now you've got part 3. I enjoye4d my checktest and it was much more relaxed than part three.

#7 28-02-06 17:09:59

lazwal
Verified Member
Website

Hi baggie13 well done. I also past recently and was told my check test would be an educational and would be in 6 months. My mate waited over 12 months. It is at the DSA's whim.
Changing the subject are my team going to beat yours in the local derby? wink

lazwal

#8 28-02-06 23:07:51

baggie13
Website

Hi Lazwal, Massive game for both clubs!!! Got my ticket and looking forward to it, as for what i think the result will be then i wouldnt like to say, i might upset you!! wink wink wink wink
Thanks for the info on Check Test.. What area are you working?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 28-02-06 23:19:36

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Got my check test 8 months after passing and got graded 4, expecting a invite for the second check test as I was told it"d be about 2 years till next one and thats up.

Board footer