You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-02-06 13:27:38

confused
Verified Member
Website

First "day" on my pinkie

My first day was actually Monday - no lessons
Today - one pupil for 6 hrs with an hour break. [img=Verdana]He fainted on the train this morning and went home![/img]
[color=black]One hour tomorrow, so far, 5 on Thurs and possibly todays rebooked for Friday. I'm breaking in gently

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

21-02-06 13:27:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First "day" on my pinkie

#2 21-02-06 14:32:57

rooney
Verified Member

when i was on a pink i went to the wrong area completely for my first lesson,what a good start

part1 30/5/06 92%-58%passed
part2 20/06/06 6minors passed
part3 coming

#3 21-02-06 14:35:20

Delta
Verified Member

Blimey, a 6 hour lesson!

You should be glad the poor fella fainted, I wouldn't have liked that on my first day.

Good luck for tomorrow though. Hope the nerves are holding up, mine certainly weren't the day before my first day

#4 21-02-06 23:53:38

bcsom
Verified Member
Website

6 hours & 1x1 hour break - Who booked that in?  Experienced & professional drivers are advised to break after 2 hours maximum, let alone someone who's training.  And for a first day on a pink - it'd kill you (probably in more ways than one).

Saying that - a trainee licence is for you to learn, not to earn.  You'd certainly learn something from that booking!

Be glad he fainted - and don't accept anything like it again.  It's everyobody else's safety you need to consider, too - not just how to get in some badly planned intensive session.

Sorry if I'm shouting - this sort of thing really winds me up!

Russ Green DSA ADI
BLUE CAR School of Motoring
Sheffield

ORDIT 1, 2 & 3 Approved 1-2-1 Pay-As-You-Go Driving Instructor Training

DIAmond Advanced Tests
DIAmond Special Tests

www.blue-car.co.uk (thanks Jonks!)

#5 22-02-06 01:28:03

Andi

Just sounds like a nightmare to me, i hope your second/third day were better?

Andi

1.gif

#6 22-02-06 13:25:56

Karenadi

6 hours? What if you didn't like him: be murder.  I'm usually glad to get them out the car after an hour!  Do yer head in.  Be glad for lightheadedness. yikes

#7 22-02-06 13:54:08

luchell

I had the same happen to me, 6 hours with one pupil booked in on my first day. He could only do two thank god. I couldnt have done those 6 hours on my first day. Talk about brain drain!!!!!!

Break in gently it can be a shocker how exhausted you're left feeling where you will put so muich in to the lessons and keep control.

#8 22-02-06 18:23:04

confused
Verified Member
Website

He's test standard+ but goes to pieces at the test centre, plenty of Q&A, recaps for him. The hours are a block booking as the SOM are teaching a few from this company and the boss wanted him to be with a complete stranger to sort of simulate a test booking. I spoke to him on the phone and it was down to illness not nerves.

My lesson today was great though, no nerves once the pup got in the car. Wasn't told much about her skill level but she rides a moped so, good anticipation, understands MSM (but needs to do more of it!) and fairly good control but needing some attention.
Tomorrow, a four hour stint followed by an hour with a very, very nervous pup. Drove four years ago but her instructor shouted at her, so she walked.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

Board footer