You are not logged in.

#1 21-02-06 13:22:07

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

PINK LICENCE & B$M - A RANT

Hi all

I'm sooo mad, I've got to get something off my chest.  I am doing my training with B$M at the moment.  Must admit the training is fab - I have no complaints on that front really.

However, I have just spoke to the Office Manager for my area (I'd rather not say where I am based) to talk to her about a pink licence.  I'm hoping to start on my pink mid April, so just wanted to contact her to keep her up to date with my progress and keep it touch.......didn't want her forgetting about me!

She then proceeded to tell me that she can't guarantee me any work on a pink....blah...blah...blah....completely contradicting what she had previously told me at our inital chat, prior to signing up.  Then went onto say that things may change come April, but she didn't sound confident about that at all.

I am now wondering what the hell to do.  I want to work on a pink to get some experience for my Pt3 and earn a bit of money......anybody got any advice?, been in a similar situation???

21-02-06 13:22:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PINK LICENCE & B$M - A RANT

#2 21-02-06 14:47:31

Blew
Verified Member

Tell her if she can not provide any work for you you will change sponser and go somewhere else!!

They need your money, keep nagging them to put work on your diary

Start asking around the smaller local schools, if the worst came to the worst go somewhere else smile

Blew.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-02-06 15:26:19

Andi

Totally agree with Blew....give em some grief, and even if you daont get anywhere, at least you'll feel better!

Andi

1.gif

#4 21-02-06 15:38:46

Jakey
Verified Member

Hi

Ring all the Driving Schools in your area and let them know you want to work on a trainee license. You will be amazed how many will want you. I got in touch with all the local schools and a good 75% were bending over backwards to offer me a franchise. Some schools may even offer extra part 3 training at a reduced rate. I was lucky as the school I am with gives me all the training I want at no xtra charge.

But BEWARE, A Driving School will want a fee from you for the franchise, usually about £50-£80 per Week, but will not guarantee any pupils. Be prepared to find your own, they will also want to be paid for any part 3 training given.

That said I am working on a pink, it costs me £130 per week for the car, insurance and franchise fee. I am easily earning twice that amount while working full time as well. Thoroughly enjoying it too.

Good Luck

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#5 21-02-06 16:20:53

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

Thanks for all your replies guys..

Jakey, are you on a pink at the moment?

#6 21-02-06 16:38:30

luchell

If Bsm dont have enough work in the area to supply existing trainees and Adis then you will be put on hold. Which in some ways is a blessing. Do you really want to pay 330 ish a week to find theres no work to be supplied sad You'll have to pay no matter what. they especially aren't going to take you on part time if theres not enough work as they need to have you doing certain hours to pay for the car etc.

how bout going straight for green? Bsm push the idea of the pink, i paid over 6,000 in franchise fees. Passed part three after 3 months but had to stay for another three til my contract expired. I got experience yes BUT looking back i wish i had met the chap i had extra training from earlier then i wouldn't have bothered with the pink and gone straight to green. I never inteneded to stay with a company anyway i just thought the pink was the done thing.

#7 21-02-06 16:42:25

luchell

Sorry ive just calculated it properly, i actually spent 7920 in franchise fees in 6 months working full time on a pink sad Try to see if anyone else can sponsor you if you really want a pink and Bsm cannot supply you with any work or take you on. Remember you must sign the 6 month contract.

#8 21-02-06 16:57:28

evan

They are probably doing you a favour, (BSM simply stands for BRING SOME MONEY with you). I worked for them for 20 months, at the cost of £277 per week. That has just gone up to £300 plus. What luchell says is absolutely right. If you do want to go on a pink find a cheaper sponsor. Be under no illusion at all BSM make their money on your car, not the pupils. As long as you pay that franchise they are happy they couldn't give a toss about how much you earn. They have just hiked their lesson prices again and the franchise is going up again in April. I have friends working at BSM, and they are really peed off about it. And as luchell so rightly says once you sign that agreement you are in their for 6 months.

#9 21-02-06 17:01:55

Carlo
Verified Member

Be Patient  smile.  Alot will/could change between now and April.  Believe me they will do anything they can to get you onboard.  When I started on a pink in Nov 05, I gave 2 lessons a week for a month (4hrs in total) before they could supply any more  :x.  I wasn't to bothered as I wasn't doing it for the money.  I'm still contracted with bsm till April then will decide whether to go full franchise or buggar off else where (depending on how they do for supplying me work, at the momment its not looking good..... for them  smile).

Just remember your BSMs best customer (as an ADI/PDI).  Your in control, if theres something your not keen on tell them.  My BSM experience so far has been ok, but then I've been straight with them from the off.  I told them when I started on my pink that not only was I using it to gain experience for part 3 but to see what sort of service they provide, if its not up to scratch, i'm off after 6 months  smile.

Good Luck in your new career
Carlo

"It's easy when you know how!"

#10 21-02-06 17:36:32

bzcee

Jakey.........you say you are on a pink and mention the costs to you, is that for the schools car or is it your own.were you really spoilt for choice who you went with, what made up your mind.

which option did you take the supervision or the training.

thanks.

ermmms.jpg
Your information is visible to YOU only

fighting0092.gifstupid little winker

#11 21-02-06 19:37:34

luchell

With the region of Bsm i trained with there weren't sufficient trainers to do the 1 in 5 lessons supervised option. We were all told to sign the 20 hours option instead. Don't know if this is standard in all areas but was my experience any how.

#12 22-02-06 20:18:32

Jakey
Verified Member

Hi

Yes I've been on it for 4 weeks now, great fun!!

The car is a contract hire from the driving instructor centre, costs me £70 a week. Insurance is from Waveney, £8 a week

Honestly, I got in touch with/left messages with a lot of schools in my area (Cardiff) and they really were bending over backwards to get me. They will all offer pretty much the same though, you pay them to display their school name on your car. They will not guarentee pupils but you will get a couple to keep you happy. You need to get your own, make sure the school you go with has some sort of flyer you can post through doors. I printed my details and prices on the back of the flyers and the phone did not stop ringing. The reason I chose the school i'm with is, he is a grade 6 and gives me all the part 3 training I want free of charge. As long as the school is getting the fee, they are happy. Don't wait to see what happens with BSM, get off your bum and do it for yourself. Remember, your pink is to get some experience for your part 3 (god it scares me) so all you need is enough money to cover your costs.

I have taken the Training Option so I can have my 20 hours with the college and still have loads of extra training with the school.

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#13 23-02-06 20:40:36

Tutor

I've heard that BSM are stopping using trainee instructors as from
July 2006, this may be because DSA are planning to scrap the pink
licence in the future. Try a smaller local school they are much better
to work with

#14 23-02-06 20:58:43

Andi

I thought that was just a rumour? Do you have any definitive evidence that this is fact?

Andi

1.gif

#15 27-02-06 09:16:27

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

Thanks for all your responses.  I'm hoping to be done and dusted by July....fingers crossed........and a pink licence will be a thing of the past!

Board footer