You are not logged in.

#1 20-02-06 13:20:40

LearnerAndy

My test today

Well I was as nervous as erm... something else that's really nervous! (Man, I really should think through these similes before starting them!) anyway I managed to drive quite well even with all the nerves  and a mouth as dry as the dessert and only got 2 minors! But... 1 serious... I don't know how to explain it, I could draw it, but i can't draw.. I'll give it a try!

lol i can't even draw it, it was kind of like a t junction onto a dual carriageway (where you have that bit in the middle to wait and treat in as 2 roads) anyway it was just a normal road with that space in the middle and i went up to it and waited, but the space was for turning right into the road I just came out of, i realised what I had done when I was there and my examiner just said it was an 'unusual' maneuver and that I am a good driver who just made a silly mistake, so yay! tongue anyway I have re booked for 16th of march and I'm trying to get a cancellation, any tips on getting one would be gratefully received

20-02-06 13:20:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My test today

#2 20-02-06 13:36:30

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Bad luck on the result - but at least you knew where the mistake was so will (hopefully) be able to avoid repeating it.

Keep us posted!
Andy.

Ambition Driving College

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-02-06 15:26:55

la.monikita
Verified Member

andy, go to google earth, copy or save the juctions then show it to us all,

best of luck for next time, it's horrible when you get 2 minors and a serious neutral

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#4 20-02-06 22:52:19

LearnerAndy

Bah, I have serched and serched on the google earth thing and I just cant find it!  I know I was in the wrong anyhow, I'll have another go at drawing it,
junction0ik.jpg
lol, i know its bad! the red is how I went with waiting in the middle to let traffic coming from the left pass, as soon as I set off from the junction I realised what I had done, the examiner said it has to have bollards on either side to do a manouver like that  tongue

#5 20-02-06 22:59:23

la.monikita
Verified Member

what you have shown is an ordinary right turn filter lane, for cars that are turning right from the major road turning into the minor one. you should have waited for gap that would have allowed you to cross both, and not wait in the middle.
nerves make people do silly things, don't worry you do fine next time wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 20-02-06 23:09:03

LearnerAndy

lol i know I realised just as I set off from the junction  big_smile, I could get over it  much easier if I hadn't gone over that junction loads of times before! but with the thoughts of "when there is a space in the middle of the road it can be treated as two roads" and all the nerves swimming around my head there was just no space for any logical thought processes!  lol

#7 26-02-06 12:20:00

sweet pea

Sorry to hear that. We can get confused on tests due to nerves, but at least you'll have learned from it. Good luck for your next test!

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again !!

Board footer