You are not logged in.

#1 18-02-06 14:29:20

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Anyone use a Skoda Fabia Vrs?

I've been using a Fabia 1.9 SDI for the past year and like the car, need to think about replacing it so been considering the Vrs, I've seen a few instructors using them.

Anyone using/used one for L driver training?

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

18-02-06 14:29:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Anyone use a Skoda Fabia Vrs?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-02-06 16:42:40

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Re: Anyone use a Skoda Fabia Vrs?

Hi Reddragonbus

Yes, I use a vRS - mainly for fleet and advanced training.

But I have taught new drivers in it and, by and large, they cope with 130bhp quite well!

I previously ran a 2 litre (petrol) Elegance which, apart from the fuel consumption, I much preferred.

The new car shows too much cost-cutting, in my view. Two electric windows instead of four. No locking buttons on the rear doors. And no facility for dipping both door mirrors with one switch. All of which were standard on the 2 litre. The light grey seats get grubby very quickly - but I understand that leather is an option on the 2006 model?

But you can't argue with 55mpg and the six speed gearbox is nice. Plus the cruise control will be useful when Eco Safe driving arrives!

You don't say where you are. Wales I assume? Feel free to call in for a drive if you ever venture this far down to the wild South West!

Larry
www.greenlightdrivingtuition.co.uk

Board footer