You are not logged in.

#1 02-09-04 00:06:05

alex

help with funding

where can i get help with the cost of training.

02-09-04 00:06:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: help with funding

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-09-04 06:00:38

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

If you aren't working or have recently been made redundant, go along to your local job centre, and apply for training funds.
I was made redundant 2 years ago, but had already started training, as and ADI, as i wanted to get a head start. i was already to pay my training fees, when a workmate told me i could get funding, so i applied.

I got £1,000 towards fees and £374 to cover all 3 tests and Green badge. The only thing was i had to pay first and then got the money once i took my 1st part3 test. I didnt mind this as i used my redundancy to pay all in 1 go to save paying any interest,and also get a £300 reduction from LDC for paying off in 1 go.

#3 02-09-04 08:26:21

alex

thanks for that, but i have been to job center( as i am a one parent and on benfits )but did not find them helpful,l thay said that there was only help if i was training to be in childcare or a hairdresser.thay must be some help out there to help someone like myself to get off benfits :cry:     :cry:

#4 03-09-04 05:51:30

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I actually have aa number of pupils who are sent to me from job centre, and there lessons are paid for by job centre, as long as they are needing licence for a job they have applied for.
Different pupils get different amounts of funding.

This deal all comes through from a woman that interviewed me while i was signing on, and when i said i was just about to join the LDC franchise, told me she wanted lessons, so i teach her, but she sends a load to me too. I do a bit of a deal to get the work too. 

So perhaps you should go and try again.  One of the schemes they use is "new deal".
I got mine through "Expressions"

Enquire about those 2 schemes!

#5 03-09-04 20:53:48

Nimrod

Hi Alex,

I was also on income support after being made redundant. The local job centre told me there was no way they could help towards the training costs but had a "discretionary" fund that could cover the costs for the Part1, 2 and 3 tests. Also, be aware that if you train for more than 16 hours in one week, they could stop paying your benefit. (No joke - this was ALSO mentioned to me in the job centre).

I actually applied for a Career Development Loan (CDL). This facility is available from 3 of the local high street banks and they will cover 100% of your training costs (as an unemployed person) providing the training establishment you choose is on their list of approved providers. The interest rate is quite low and you do not need to start repayment until 2 months after you complete your training. This means that you can be out there earning money before having to pay them back. You can also choose various repayment schedules to best suit your circumstances.

HTH

Nim

#6 03-09-04 21:01:34

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Yes its true that they may stop your Benefit, But if you explain when you go into 'sign-on' the person on the desk will not bother you to look for jobs or talk about stopping your benefit, even more-so if you say you are being funded by the dept.

This comes from 2 'now instructors' and a friend of mine at the job centre.

Regards

#7 04-09-04 05:32:25

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

When i was signing on, and training to become ADI, which is still classed as actively seeking employment, they still expected me under the contract, to still apply for jobs, and attend interviews, assessments etc, as that is what i was being paid to do. But funnily enough, when applying and attending interviews, i would tell the company that i was training to become a driving instructor, and this seemed to put them off me!!  hmmmmmm........

BUT, when i had the interview, with the girl i teach now, she said they shouldn't have made me do all that as i WAS actively seeking employment, but it was just them being awkward!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 06-09-04 08:30:36

alex

Robbie wrote:

I

This deal all comes through from a woman that interviewed me while i was signing on, and when i said i was just about to join the LDC franchise, told me she wanted lessons, so i teach her, but she sends a load to me too. I do a bit of a deal to get the work too. 

So perhaps you should go and try again.  One of the schemes they use is "new deal".
I got mine through "Expressions"

Enquire about those 2 schemes!

thanks i will find out today about the 2 schemes as i have got a interview with LDC on the 15 /9/04.and hopefully i will know more b4 then.as i hope to start the training as soon as poss

Board footer